PDA

View Full Version : MF life?

frankprozzoly
12-08-2015, 06:26 PM
How long do you keep your towels? I've had mine for almost two years and they appear to be in pretty good shape. Maybe I'm just itching to buy some new ones

Coopers ST
12-08-2015, 06:29 PM
If you wa t new ones make the worst ones you have wheel and tire towels, next level interior, then get new ones for the exterior paint areas.

Eldorado2k
12-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Buy a small quantity of the same towels and compare the new to the old. The difference can sometimes be shocking. All the while we think our towels are still just as good as they ever were because they degrade very gradually.

FUNX650
12-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Frank...

I have to admit that your thread-starter's
title had me a little bit worried at first. :D

Anyway, while I have the chance:
Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Bob

frankprozzoly
12-08-2015, 06:47 PM
Lol thanks Bob same to you. I wish I had made it over your way this summer to see that sexy vette. Next summer

pheerix
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
I always find an excuse to buy new towels.

Eldorado2k
12-08-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm el cheapo when it comes to buying new towels. Reason being is I feel I need to buy them as whole entire batch all at once. That way there's no confusion as to which towels are newer/better than others.

Waffle weaves & mitts I don't mind buying whenever.

pheerix
12-08-2015, 07:03 PM
I'm el cheapo when it comes to buying new towels. Reason being is I feel I need to buy them as whole entire batch all at once. That way there's no confusion as to which towels are newer/better than others.

Waffle weaves & mitts I don't mind buying whenever.

I buy different styled towels for different needs. For example, fluffy edgeless for rinseless, duo plush for spray wax, more fluffy towels for waterless/QD, Costco towels for wheels and door jambs.

Eldorado2k
12-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Lately I've been into finding the highest quality waffle weave at a fair price. I've switched back into doing more rinseless washing with D114 as opposed to waterless based on the subpar level of protection given by D115. I'm not saying it's protection is horrible, but it's not perfect, and I expect perfect protection from my lsp.

So with the waffle weaves.. I never had to do anything more than lightly drag the dry towel over a panel to dry after normal washes.. But with rinseless washing you have to wipe the panel dry with a slight bit of pressure. So the softer the waffle weave the better it is to work with for rinseless.

Surprisingly enough, I've fallen in love with the Surf City Nano Drying Towel I recently purchased for only $7. I wish there was more at that price but I guess I bought the last 1. It's so soft and thin in a good way. Perfect for rinseless drying.