PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my VX 5000 - Steam won't get hot enough

collarek
12-07-2015, 08:58 PM
I was hoping to get some help from anyone out there that has a VX 5000. I recently got one second hand from someone that barely used it. Most of the attachments were brand new and the machine seems to be in great condition. Anyway, the machine's steam just doesn't seem to be getting hot enough.

The first couple times I used it I noticed the steam was quite wet, (something that I read a few other people were experiencing in the forums). So I opened up the machine and turned up the pressure from 3.5 to 5.5. After this, I tested it out and noticed the steam was still quite wet. Then I noticed it really is not that hot. So I am not sure that the wet steam was a factor of the pressure being low, as much as the steam is just too cold and therefore wetter. I wait for the green light to come on and it still doesn't blow hot, and when I start using the machine the green light goes off immediately. The steam is cold enough to touch even from very close.

Anyone ever experience these issues? I noticed another screw while I was turning up the pressure. It was very small and brass colored, and around the outside there was a double sided arrow in a semi circle with a + and a - Could this be to increase the temperature of the boiler?

Any help would greatly be appreciated, I would really like to avoid having to ship the unit out.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/feedback%5B1%5D.gif

collarek
12-10-2015, 02:20 AM
Still looking for an answer, hope that someone out there that owns this machine see this thread. I know there are some of you out there that have opened up the machine and tinkered with it. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Evan.J
12-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Call the the owner Steve at Steam cleaners direct. Just google that and the page will come up along with a contact