PDA

View Full Version : Pump sprayer question

runrun411
12-07-2015, 08:18 AM
I have a small pump sprayer that holds about 1 liter. It's getting cold in the Northeast and I thought it may be a good idea to get a sprayer that holds a gallon or two. Which ones are the good ones?

Mantilgh
12-07-2015, 08:32 AM
I use a 2 1/2 gallon I bought from a ag store that's for spraying weed killer/fertilizer. Nothing special and is all plastic. It has worked alright for me and can be adjusted to a fine mist. I also just bought a 1 gallon ball shaped one. Kinda similar but the gallon on is kinda annoying, or both can be if you over fill them. That is if you fill them to the fill line, they have so little air space you have to pump them up often until the level go down and you have more air space.

I would say if you want to keep a gallon of product mixed up, buy a 1 1/2 gallon size. Two gallons mixed buy the 2 1/2 size ect.

FinishingTouchA
12-07-2015, 08:44 AM
The 2 gallon Smith Contractor ones are my favorite. they have a pressure relief valve and seem to last longer than the cheaper ones. Plus the base is a bit more flat so they don't tip over as easily.

Mantilgh
12-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Plus one on the getting one with a wider bottom if you can find it. The relief valve is a nice feature too, my small cheap on does not have it. My larger one is tapered in and almost rounded on the bottom which can be a pain at times, but unless I'm doing the wheels, I'm carrying it.

shagnat
12-07-2015, 11:36 PM
what are you going to put in the sprayer?

runrun411
12-08-2015, 07:03 AM
what are you going to put in the sprayer?

Some WW concentrates. Stuff like UWW+, D114, IUDJ. Those kind of products.