PDA

View Full Version : Best all-purpose cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2

AutoApollo
12-06-2015, 11:57 PM
Hey guys, just got the car rust-checked for the winter. However there's excess rust check all over the rocker panels and side skirts as well as inside the door jambs. It stinks like crazy and is collecting grime fast. Looking for a good ap cleaner to do the job. Any ideas?

vanev
12-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Best is often a matter of opinion.

- Simple Great
Great for Rocker Panels and Wheel Wells.
Bumpers, tires, and wheels as well.
Make sure to be very careful with Simple Green.
It has a lot of color additive and flash chemical.
It can stain paint and clear coat quickly.
Make sure to be immediately on top of your work with a hose or a steamer, and wet rag to follow.
It does a great job, but you need to dilute it and be right on top of what you are doing.

- Meguiars APC.
This product is fantastic.
I have been using it heavily over the last couple weeks.
Testing on work trucks as part of paint decontamination, as well as the typical cleaning of wheel wells, tires and wheels, etc.
This product really impresses me.

vanev
12-07-2015, 08:25 PM
Simple Green that is.

Klasse Act
12-07-2015, 08:33 PM
It's a no brainer...Optimum Power Clean AKA Alien Kleen👈

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

7.3powerstroke
12-07-2015, 09:48 PM
It's a no brainer...Optimum Power Clean AKA Alien Kleen👈

How did it get the name Alien Kleen?

Sicoupe
12-07-2015, 10:16 PM
LATA is pretty darn good, it's awesome on wheel wells.

ryandamartini
12-07-2015, 11:10 PM
megs inside and dp on outside. the guaranteed no residue on dp is great.

WilliamG
12-08-2015, 04:43 AM
I've just bought All clean from Chemical Guys, I am using this for a mounth and it works great to me.

Klasse Act
12-08-2015, 07:45 AM
How did it get the name Alien Kleen?
A forum member who's name I can't remember right now, called it this because he said it "cleans out of this world". I do remember he was from another country though and name was used quite often a couple years ago so I've stuck with it.

It really is that good, I use it at a 3:1 ratio for just about everything.

wn1998
12-08-2015, 08:14 AM
I've just bought All clean from Chemical Guys, I am using this for a mounth and it works great to me.

Another vote for all clean! I use it on the engine as well as my VW interior and have had great results on vinyl and my carpet!

Mantilgh
12-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Optimum Power Clean and 3D Orange 88 Degreaser on the tougher stuff.

butacska
12-08-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm not a pro, not even a hobbyist just yet (my order comes on Wednesday, yay ) but for carpet stains (in cars, house, or on clothes) I could recommend Folex. It's an enzyme cleaner, no scent at all, no colors (had a very very light pinkish tint but almost completely clear) and it works wonders. It does not stain at all and literally takes out everything. Very safe, non toxic, it is a magic worker. Just spray on the spot (or the whole area), gently rub with fingertip and let it stand for 30-60 seconds then dab/rub with a clean towel. It's not really an all purpose cleaner, only for carpet or non leather seats but an amazing product. You can buy it at the cleaning Isle in home depot. :)

Corey@OptimalDetailing
12-08-2015, 10:37 AM
OPC is a great cleaner, at many ratios, but it got to a point where the scent was overwhelming and too "chemically" for me. I am now on my gallon of DP and it is working great so far, no strong scent, and cleans well.

PreludeVTEC01
12-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Another vote for all clean! I use it on the engine as well as my VW interior and have had great results on vinyl and my carpet!

A 3rd vote. I purchased a gallon months again and still using it! It works great!! :xyxthumbs:

Bill1234
12-08-2015, 01:20 PM
I have used a few.
Simple green
Zep citrus,
Brown royal -can be converted to apc.

I thought simple green is the best money wise, brown royal is the best inventory wise as you can do alot with it