PDA

View Full Version : Broken G15 handle

JGlancy
12-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Recently borrowed a G15 from a buddy to try and while working with it a couple weeks ago it fell off the work bench and onto the floor. when it hit the floor it broke the mounting tabs where the handle meets the body of the polisher. Anyone know if parts are available so I can repair it?currently have the handle taped so it can be used. I like the polisher and the boss system. Was very impressed with the results

craigdt
12-06-2015, 10:08 AM
It broke the mounting points on the polisher, or just the handle itself?
You can buy replacement handles. If the points on the machine broke, I'd contact Griots to see what they can do. They have a good warranty and helpful customer service.

JGlancy
12-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Broke the mounting points on the polisher. Guess will call griots and see what they say. I didn't purchase it originally so not sure what they can do. Think my friend purchased it through here now that I think of it

FUNX650
12-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Broke the mounting points on the polisher. Guess will call griots and see what they say.
Good idea. Looks like the handle's mounting bolts
go through the shroud and screw into the head unit
of the polisher's body.

I didn't purchase it originally so not sure what they can do.
Think my friend purchased it through here now that I think of it
IMO:
Wouldn't hurt to let Griot's Garage know
about this when you call.

BTW: Does your friend know what's happened yet?

Bob

swanicyouth
12-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Let us know how you make out. I dropped my GG6 & cracked the plastic. Doesn't affect function. I suspect this doesn't fall under "warranty" - so I haven't pursued it.

Of course the definition of a "warranty" can vary.

ski2
12-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Let us know how you make out. I dropped my GG6 & cracked the plastic. Doesn't affect function. I suspect this doesn't fall under "warranty" - so I haven't pursued it.

You should at least give them a call. I read a post somewhere (may have been Autopia) where a guy's parrot chopped up the cord and Griots replaced the entire polisher.

JGlancy
12-07-2015, 12:31 AM
Good idea. Looks like the handle's mounting bolts
go through the shroud and screw into the head unit
of the polisher's body.

IMO:
Wouldn't hurt to let Griot's Garage know
about this when you call.

BTW: Does your friend know what's happened yet?

Bob

Of course. Already replaced it with a new unit.

JGlancy
12-07-2015, 12:32 AM

I will report back what they say. Plan to call in the morning. Polisher still works fine just have to be careful how you hold it lol