PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Feedback On Technique

larry33
12-04-2015, 01:42 PM
Just wanted to pass this big lesson I learned along. I recently purchased a MasterBlaster. The first time I used it, I was blowing a HUGE amount of soapy water from hidden areas onto the paint. To the point that it was a white caked on mess I had to spray water on to soften it in order to clean up.

Then the next time it happened again. I realized my washing and rinsing technique had major flaws that I never would have realized if the MasterBlaster hadn't uncover them. So now, I have tweaked my technique and do a much thorough job. Just putting it out there that not only is it a great dryer, it's a great diagnostic tool!

The End

AGOatemywallet
12-06-2015, 03:13 PM
What were you doing incorrectly in your washing process?

FinishingTouchA
12-06-2015, 03:51 PM
What were you doing incorrectly in your washing process?

Wasn't rinsing the cracks/crevices and drainage rails thoroughly.

AGOatemywallet
12-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Wasn't rinsing the cracks/crevices and drainage rails thoroughly.

Thanks Larry

Eldorado2k
12-06-2015, 06:17 PM
:)

GSKR
12-06-2015, 07:54 PM
I gotta have that tool the compressor thing takes to long.

larry33
12-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Sorry, just saw this. Yes, I had a couple trouble spots that I consistently didn't rinse well enough. One side of the roof line rail. The bottom left corner of where the trunk and window met to the seam in the trunk. And a chrome accent piece on the lower door. It really took deliberately angling the spray in a certain way to hit those. It's been over a year of thoroughly rinsing, but not knowing.

larry33
12-06-2015, 11:52 PM
And I do believe the warm air created by the heater helps a lot. The air is a wide diameter blast, as opposed to a thin stream of air from a compressor.