PDA

View Full Version : Safest Not At Home Car Wash

Pages : [1] 2

SonataLF
12-04-2015, 04:37 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to be away for the weekend but my car is pretty dirty and I would like to wash it. What is the safer method out of the public options? Lol A coin operated spray soap and rinse off, touch less automatic car wash or a claimed "soft" brushless car wash? I really want to avoid swirls and compromising my recent coat of Black wax (2 weeks ago)

Thanks for the opinions.

VISITOR
12-04-2015, 05:09 AM
why not go to a coin-op and pressure wash off as much loose dirt/debris off as possible and then do a rinseless wash?

trashmanssd
12-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Coin-op then waterless wash for me if you have a good waterless wash product. Rinseless is go idea to if you have the set up for that, I myself dont yet just order gamma seal buckets and guards to give it a try this winter. I love waterless though if I can do waterless its my preference for speed and ease.

SonataLF
12-04-2015, 07:41 AM
I always do Rinseless but I'm away for the weekend so all I have is microfiber towels in the trunk. That's why I'm limited to only "normal people" options. Lol

KneeDragr
12-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Coin op works good if you bring your own water buckets and cleaning products. I did that for a while with my Vette near where I store it, never got any scratches. I filled up 2 buckets with water, screwed on the covers and took them with me. So the only thing I used was the water from the pressure washer really.

FinishingTouchA
12-04-2015, 08:55 AM
I always do Rinseless but I'm away for the weekend so all I have is microfiber towels in the trunk. That's why I'm limited to only "normal people" options. Lol

I wouldn't dry after a touchless wash without a lubricant. Maybe you can find a waterless wash product at one of the auto parts stores locally.

Joshwaa
12-04-2015, 09:20 AM
I would go to the coin and spray. Blast most of the stuff off then spray the soap all over it and use one of your microfibers to wash then use the spotless rinse. Might be a good idea to test a spot with their soap first and make sure that the soap and microfiber combo does not remove your wax.

Mike Phillips
12-04-2015, 09:39 AM
If you want fast and easy go for the touchless option.

If you don't mind getting out of your car and doing some work then use the coin-op option. Take some supplies with you.

Good questions!

:)

SeanChav
12-04-2015, 09:56 AM
go to Walmart and pick up a bottle of Meguiars wash n wax anywhere.... then go to the coin op and pressure rinse the heavy stuff and then do a waterless wash with the Meg's stuff and ur MF towels

SonataLF
12-04-2015, 11:57 AM
go to Walmart and pick up a bottle of Meguiars wash n wax anywhere.... then go to the coin op and pressure rinse the heavy stuff and then do a waterless wash with the Meg's stuff and ur MF towels

Winner! Lol
Thanks for all the suggestions guys but this is my favorite, didn't even think of this. That's why I love this site.

pheerix
12-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Or buy a gallon of D115 and carry a bottle of prediluted WW spray in your car at all times.

Dereksdtail
12-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Make a waterless wash out of your rinseless and your good. I've done this to all mine and love it

Real Riders
12-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Make a waterless wash out of your rinseless and your good. I've done this to all mine and love it

I personally would not use ONR as waterless wash. I am pretty sure Optimum does not recommend using ONR as Waterless Wash. I would just use a D114 or a good quality waterless wash

GSKR
12-04-2015, 08:21 PM
At 39 degrees you wouldn't catch me washing or wiping anything.when I lived in ny I use to run my 03 Acura tls through the carwash and dry out the jambs and rubbers so the door wouldn't freeze shut.my car was silver metallic so I was able to escape severe halos or scratches.I told the prep guys no pre brushing as he was smashing license plate frames.at 50 degrees carwash again but I topped it off with some spraywax.

GSKR
12-04-2015, 08:47 PM
You will scratch or marr the finish that way no offense Sean Chav.If i was to do that method in the freezing cold I would opt for the carwash or maybe a hand wash place.applying Meg's to cold sheet metal will probably freeze on you.