PDA

View Full Version : Leather? 2001 Honda CRV

willowcat11
12-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Hey Guys,

My 2001 CRV has what they call leather seats. I just bought it used, and I don't know if they are Real Leather or that Coated type of leather that some of you guys talk about.

So I am unsure on how to properly clean and protect these. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you and take care all!

Ray

GSKR
12-04-2015, 07:06 AM
Hey Guys,

My 2001 CRV has what they call leather seats. I just bought it used, and I don't know if they are Real Leather or that Coated type of leather that some of you guys talk about.

So I am unsure on how to properly clean and protect these. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you and take care all!

Ray
I'm not sure if I ever seen leather or coated leather in a crv,they are usually cloth fabric seats.

Setec Astronomy
12-04-2015, 08:11 AM
I don't know if they are Real Leather or that Coated type of leather that some of you guys talk about.

Coated leather is real leather, it just has a coating on it to protect it. Most "leather" seats are made of some combination of real leather and fake leather, depending which part of the seat it is. What I'm saying is some parts of the seat are usually matching vinyl, although generally speaking you would clean and protect them in the same way.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
12-04-2015, 08:24 AM
In the past, I have had good luck with a soft bristle brush (such as a Kiwi shoe brush) with Lexol Leather Cleaner. You can also use a MF towel soaked in hot water. There are other leather products that AG sells that can be used, but the process is a bit more involved and I do not have any experience with those products.

Formula1_AC@NYC
12-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Quality leather cleaner--like Meguiars' Gold Class--and a scrub brush is your best bet.

There are some brushes that are made specifically for leather and upholstery scrubbing.

There are also numerous leather protectant sprays out there:

Results for leather protectant - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&query=leather+protectant&x=0&y=0)

willowcat11
12-04-2015, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure if I ever seen leather or coated leather in a crv,they are usually cloth fabric seats.

GSKR, I think things may have changed after the 2001 version, where they weren't doing the leather any more. The vehicle I have is the SE-Special Edition. And it is some form of leather.

willowcat11
12-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your helpful replys!