PDA

View Full Version : Competition Ready at the Petersen Museum

Mike Phillips
12-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Competition Ready at the Petersen Museum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/autogeek-velocity-channel-tv/97132-competition-ready-petersen-museum.html)

Finished shooting our second episode for Competition Ready yesterday at the Petersen Museum. Two full day of detailing what are considered the most rare cars in the world.

Can't share any pictures until after the grand opening this Saturday per media protocols required by Petersen Museum.

Here's one picture I can share however it's the Competition Ready Team for this episode sponsored by Meguiar's! In the picture below are some of the best Car Care Technicians in the world and these guys went above and beyond the call of duty to pull off the impossible in two days!

From left to right...
Rick McDonogh, Andy Wong, Derek Bemis, Nick Winn, David Sylican, Mike Pennington, Mike Phillips, Paul Cartegena, Ed Terwilliger, Richard Lin and Mike Stoops.

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/526/Competition_Ready_Petersen_001.jpg

Not pictured is Joe Fernandez who had just left...

I can't say thank you enough to everyone on the team but you guys absolutely killed it!

:dblthumb2: :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

axel06
12-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Woot woot, incredible team, congrats to all

roguegeek
12-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Petersen is a great place. We have our Motor Press Guild award ceremony there every year and the vehicles get changed out all the time for something new to look at.

FinishingTouchA
12-03-2015, 01:03 PM
So exciting, can't wait to see the pictures!

Craig Parker
12-03-2015, 05:56 PM
That's quite a lineup Mike, can't wait to see the pics!:hungry:

dlc95
12-03-2015, 07:05 PM
This is awesome, Mike!

I can't wait to see the results!

GSKR
12-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Competition Ready at the Petersen Museum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/autogeek-velocity-channel-tv/97132-competition-ready-petersen-museum.html)

Finished shooting our second episode for Competition Ready yesterday at the Petersen Museum. Two full day of detailing what are considered the most rare cars in the world.

Can't share any pictures until after the grand opening this Saturday per media protocols required by Petersen Museum.

Here's one picture I can share however it's the Competition Ready Team for this episode sponsored by Meguiar's! In the picture below are some of the best Car Care Technicians in the world and these guys went above and beyond the call of duty to pull off the impossible in two days!

From left to right...
Rick McDonogh, Andy Wong, Derek Bemis, Nick Winn, David Sylican, Mike Pennington, Mike Phillips, Paul Cartegena, Ed Terwilliger, Richard Lin and Mike Stoops.

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/526/Competition_Ready_Petersen_001.jpg

Not pictured is Joe Fernandez who had just left...

I can't say thank you enough to everyone on the team but you guys absolutely killed it!

:dblthumb2: :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

Congrats mike.

Mike Phillips
12-04-2015, 11:46 AM
That's quite a lineup Mike,

I agree. Some very talented and experienced guys helped out with this project.

We worked on a combined value of 50 million dollars in cars with zero mistakes and complete success. In fact, the 4 cars we buffed out now look better and swirl free as compared to all the rest of the cars on display.

We're shooting the grand opening tomorrow and then after the museum is opened to the public it's approved to share pictures. I'll be filming with AJ until 6:00pm and then after that leaving Los Angeles and heading towards Irvine for the night and then our plane leaves to come back to Florida on Sunday.

Probably won't be able to post pictures till I get back.

:dblthumb2:

Michael Stoops
12-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Great shot of the team there, Mike!! Everyone had a blast and we were all thrilled not only with how well the cars came out, but how quickly the team managed to get the results with a wide variety of products and processes. Good times indeed!!

RMM
12-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Two full day of detailing what are considered the most rare cars in the world.

I'll go out on a limb and guess: 1925 Rolls Royce Phantom I by Jonckheere? 1956 Steve McQueen's Jaguar XKSS? 2016 Aston Martin DB10? 1937 Horch 857 Sport Cabriolet? 1939 Delahaye Type 165? 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic (this alone is worth almost 50 million...)? Oh well, the choice is immense...

RMM
12-07-2015, 04:08 PM
So Mr. Phillips, can you put us out of our misery? :hungry: