PDA

View Full Version : Buying a PC but need help with pad choices

01expy
09-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi all, I'm not new to detailing but i am new to the PC. Here in the Philippines i use a rotary but my father wants to learn a little about it to take care of his T-bird. He didn't want to learn to use a rotary so i decided to get a PC.

I don't know anything about a PC so i'd like to ask what are the proper size for the pads for a PC and what are some good brands that i should be looking at?

I usually use lake country pads for my rotary, are LC pads good for a PC as well?

Hope you all can help me out....

makdaddy626
09-26-2007, 09:30 PM
There's a post from today about a couple of really good deals on the 5.5" low profile pads that AG sells. 6 orange pads for $14.95 or 2/orange and 2/white pads for the same price.

I have a set of LC CCS 6.5" pads as well as some of the 5.5 low profiles - I really like the 5.5 personally and those deals are hard to beat.

01expy
09-26-2007, 09:42 PM
There's a post from today about a couple of really good deals on the 5.5" low profile pads that AG sells. 6 orange pads for $14.95 or 2/orange and 2/white pads for the same price.

I have a set of LC CCS 6.5" pads as well as some of the 5.5 low profiles - I really like the 5.5 personally and those deals are hard to beat.

Thanks makdaddy, I check it out.

01expy
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
I would like to find a set of low profile LC pads orange, white, gray and blue. Can't seem to find any 5.5's in a set..

makdaddy626
09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I would like to find a set of low profile LC pads orange, white, gray and blue. Can't seem to find any 5.5's in a set..

I know... I wish AG would get a full line of 5.5" pads. Right now I'm using the 5.5" in white and orange and have 6.5" pads in gray and blue. This isn't a huge deal since the gray and blue aren't for correcting where the smaller pads really seem to help.

Al-53
09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Some one posted that AG is getting the CCS pads in 5.5 inch ...now thats a product worth getting..I have the 5 in ones and love them....

but the deal on the orange low profiles are great deal..the orange pads to me are the fastest wearing pads..so its good to have a supply of them and at this price its a nice deal....same foam as the CCS pads but no dimples...same with the white ones.....

the white is a awesome pad....used with 106FF it makes the paint just glow ..its my favorite all around pad....buy in bulk...lol.....

AL

wytstang
09-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah I has to buy else where for smaller pads (5" CCS). I can't wait to try them.

ScottB
09-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Id offer the Edge kit/adapter as another great choice. They work well, are double sided, and consistently find them to be as good or better with my polishes of choice.

Truls
09-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Megs pads are a good choice too, but the low profile ones thats on sale are great with the PC, orange for correction work and the white ones for cleaners....