PDA

View Full Version : How much polish/wax for a car?

Based
12-02-2015, 04:08 PM
I just watched Autogeek's video on how to use a machine for polishing/waxing but I have one question...

In the vid he puts the compound on the pad in an X formation over the pad. Does that single X of compound do the whole car? Or do you have to put more on every 2x2' section?

zmcgovern45
12-02-2015, 04:17 PM
You will add more working product to the pad for each section when polishing.

For sealants and waxes, you only need to reapply when you are no longer spreading product. If your pad is really loaded up, you may be able to cover several panels before applying any more product.

Based
12-02-2015, 04:36 PM
You will add more working product to the pad for each section when polishing.

For sealants and waxes, you only need to reapply when you are no longer spreading product. If your pad is really loaded up, you may be able to cover several panels before applying any more product.

So how many cars should a 16 oz bottle of HD Speed AIO do?

zmcgovern45
12-02-2015, 04:42 PM

Quite a few.

I don't prime pads with HD Speed... Apply a few dots to the pad for each section, and that's all... So very little product is needed per vehicle.

Depending on the size of vehicle, I'd say 5-10 cars, but everyone is different in how they use the product.

Evan.J
12-02-2015, 04:45 PM
I just watched Autogeek's video on how to use a machine for polishing/waxing but I have one question...

In the vid he puts the compound on the pad in an X formation over the pad. Does that single X of compound do the whole car? Or do you have to put more on every 2x2' section?

Here is what I say along the line of product, you will use the most product when you are priming a pad with a new or clan pad. You can find info on Pad Priming here:
How to prime a foam pad when using a DA Polisher
(http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/35292-how-prime-foam-pad-when-using-da-polisher.html)

After that you will only need about 4 small pea sized drops of product for every new section until the pad becomes loaded with product and the pad needs to be cleaned or replaced with a new one.

I would think you can get about 10 cars in that bottle