PDA

View Full Version : cquartz uk question

bguiliano
12-01-2015, 09:24 PM
recently had my car coated. Was wondering if things like the solvent from Dr Colorchip and quick detailer are safe to use on the coating should i need to use either product.

thanks

GSKR
12-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Call dr chip for info

StangFan25
12-02-2015, 01:18 AM
recently had my car coated. Was wondering if things like the solvent from Dr Colorchip and quick detailer are safe to use on the coating should i need to use either product.

thanks

I don't believe using Dr Colorchip on a coated vehicle will adhere properly. Should've filled those chips prior to the coating. I made the exact same mistake!

Quick detailer is perfectly fine to use.

bguiliano
12-02-2015, 10:25 PM
I don't believe using Dr Colorchip on a coated vehicle will adhere properly. Should've filled those chips prior to the coating. I made the exact same mistake!

Quick detailer is perfectly fine to use.

Thanks. For DCC I was thinking for future chips

StangFan25
12-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Thanks. For DCC I was thinking for future chips

It's possible it could work on NEW chips, since the coating wouldn't be inside any new chips.

bguiliano
12-02-2015, 10:30 PM
It's possible it could work on NEW chips, since the coating wouldn't be inside any new chips.

You don't think the solvent used to wipe excess paint away would harm the coating?

StangFan25
12-02-2015, 10:38 PM
You don't think the solvent used to wipe excess paint away would harm the coating?

I can't say for certain, but I don't think it would. I'd suggest you PM or call Nick. He can give you a definitive answer.