PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Autoscrub pad failure - Bad customer's service from them

Matador
12-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before? I contacted them in September because I had a nanskin pad that failed on me.

I was working with them to see what they can do, and then I just never heard from them again!

Bummed...cause I only used it a handful of times and the velcro on the back stopped sticking. :(

haris300
12-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I have had issues with 2 of my Nanoskin sponges sticking to the inside of the packaging making removal seemingly impossible without damaging the rubber faces. I contacted them twice and received no reply.

Matador
12-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Yea! I actually called directly...and got the lady's email address. She told me to send HQ pics of the pad and the issue and email it to them. Since then, I never heard anything.

HORRIBLE! Bummed I bought it, used it 2-3 times and now can't use it again because the hook and loop system is toast. She even admitted when we talked that it was a known issue during production at some point (I must have had an old stock pad).

Angus
12-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Did you guys buy Autogeek? If so, contact Nick - he'll sort it out ASAP.

Nick McKees37
12-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Let's get to the bottom of this. :props:

1. Where did you purchase it?
2. What machine/backing plate combination were you using with it?
3. How did you store it?
4. Can you share the photos on the forum?

We have at least a dozen Nanoskin Autoscrub Pads that we use for our detailing classes, and believe it or not they do wear out. We've never had one fail on us. After a while the loop on the backing material does wear out, but that's normal. It can wear out much quicker depending on the backing plate that you use (note: there's 4 different types of "hook and loop" backing). Some backing plates utilize a hook that is very aggressive, and this causes excessive wear when paired with a less aggressive loop (on a pad), if that makes any sense. :)

Matador
12-01-2015, 08:25 PM
1. Unfortunately I purchased it through Amazon. :( Wish I bought it through you guys though!

2. GG6, with the plate it came with that fit the nanoskin pad.

3. I stored it in a plastic container that's sealed with all of my pads.

4. Photos:

http://imageshack.us/a/img910/2746/tfznMY.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img903/5896/orouur.jpg

I used this really, like 2-3 times before I was using it on a friends car and I noticed it started struggling with staying on the backing plate and would just fly off! After that, I never risked it with fear of the pad flying off and me doing my own car or someone else's and it fly off and I am grinding the backing plate on the paint!

I bought the 'medium' yellow one around the same time and have actually used THAT anytime I 'clayed' uusing the autoscrub on my DA.

I've used that thing at least 15-20 times where this one failed after just 2-3 uses. The lady I talked to at Nanoskin said there was a batch at one point that was bad and said she was going to follow up with me once she looked over the pics. I never heard from her again...and this was in September. :(

oldmodman
12-02-2015, 04:46 AM
Amazon has a very good return policy. I have never had any difficulty getting either a replacement or a refund.

But saying that just buy stuff here if you want a fast answer to any problem. I have e-mailed a couple of times and had an answer in less than a day. And they always took care of the problem too.

12-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Helpful tip in storing these pads, spray some clay lube on the pad then store in a zip lock bag...

Matador
12-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Amazon has a very good return policy. I have never had any difficulty getting either a replacement or a refund.

But saying that just buy stuff here if you want a fast answer to any problem. I have e-mailed a couple of times and had an answer in less than a day. And they always took care of the problem too.
Yep! I will shop here more for sure!

I already bought some stuff as a birthday present to myself...and I was VERY impressed with the package, eye for detail in acre with packing peanuts, even down to how careful the receipt was handled which sometimes gets thrown into the box and bent up or torn up lol.

Helpful tip in storing these pads, spray some clay lube on the pad then store in a zip lock bag...

Thanks! I used to keep it in a baggy dry, but then the baggy stuck to it like glue which freaked me out. I then used the 'cardboard' plate it came stuck to since. This is a BETTER idea. :)