PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax

Mike Honcho
12-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Any tips on working with it? (Prolly gonna apply it by machine, if that makes a difference.) Thanks!

LSNAutoDetailing
12-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Hi Mike, no tips... I use a LC 5.5 CCS Blue and just circle it on the pad and apply in thin even coats. You don't need to wait for this wax to dry, just apply and wipe. Goes on easy, comes off easy, looks amazing and lasts a long time.

GSKR
12-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Yes very nice product.

Mike Honcho
12-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Wow, no drying required? No hazing? Dang!

:props:

07gtcs
12-01-2015, 04:11 PM
I just did my Lexus by hand a couple weeks ago with it. Put it own with a yellow foam pad by hand. By the time the wax was on the whole car, it hazed up a bit and I used one towel to take it off. Very easy to work with.

David Hayward
12-01-2015, 05:01 PM
I use a blue flat lake country of to apply with my griots 6 inch polisher. Yep no drying, can wipe off anytime after it hits the paint and it wipes off literally like nothing was ever there. So easy to work with and great results.

Kamakaz1961
12-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Wow, no drying required? No hazing? Dang!

:props:

Wait for it to haze and then wipe off. My guess 5 to 10 minutes. The liquid wax is not a WOWO wax. You will dig the wax...good stuff!!

custmsprty
12-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Any tips on working with it? (Prolly gonna apply it by machine, if that makes a difference.) Thanks!

I'm thinking the comments you've been getting about wiping off immediately may have been confused with the solid Souveran Wax which is wowo. In AG's instructions below it says to allow the Liquid version to dry.

Directions:

Shake well.
Liquid Souverän should be applied to paint that's free of contaminants and previously applied waxes and sealants. Use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay to remove above surface contaminants and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to polish the surface. This will enable Liquid Souveran to form a complete bond to the surface, enabling maximum durability and shine.
Very important - apply a THIN coat! Apply a Nickel size amount of wax on the applicator and wipe a thin coat of wax on the surface using a circular or back-and-forth motion. This wax is not fussy. Use a motion that you are comfortable with. The beauty of this liquid wax is that you can do sections or the whole vehicle at once.
Work on a cool surface, out of direct sunlight. Allow the wax to dry to a light haze and buff off using a clean, soft microfiber towel.
Don't hesitate to apply this wax with a machine. Use a red or blue finishing pad with your Porter Cable 7424xp. Set the speed setting between 3 and 4. Work in a back and forth, then up and down motion. There's no need to apply pressure. Buff using a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet over a Lambswool 6 Inch Leveling Pad.

FUNX650
12-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Once you're done...Beware:
Don't gaze upon the finished product
without the Oakleys securely in place!!

Oakley Madman Polarized in PEWTER / BLACK IRIDIUM POLARIZED | Oakley (http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/sunglasses/wire-frame-sunglasses/madman-trade-/madman-polarized/product/W0OO6019P)

Bob

David Hayward
12-01-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm thinking the comments you've been getting about wiping off immediately may have been confused with the solid Souveran Wax which is wowo. In AG's instructions below it says to allow the Liquid version to dry.

Directions:

Shake well.
Liquid Souverän should be applied to paint that's free of contaminants and previously applied waxes and sealants. Use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay to remove above surface contaminants and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to polish the surface. This will enable Liquid Souveran to form a complete bond to the surface, enabling maximum durability and shine.
Very important - apply a THIN coat! Apply a Nickel size amount of wax on the applicator and wipe a thin coat of wax on the surface using a circular or back-and-forth motion. This wax is not fussy. Use a motion that you are comfortable with. The beauty of this liquid wax is that you can do sections or the whole vehicle at once.
Work on a cool surface, out of direct sunlight. Allow the wax to dry to a light haze and buff off using a clean, soft microfiber towel.
Don't hesitate to apply this wax with a machine. Use a red or blue finishing pad with your Porter Cable 7424xp. Set the speed setting between 3 and 4. Work in a back and forth, then up and down motion. There's no need to apply pressure. Buff using a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet over a Lambswool 6 Inch Leveling Pad.

In theory, I guess if you do the whole car and then wipe off you should be good then? I swear I remember Mike saying that it can be wiped off right away when we did that Plymouth Satellite for the My Classic Car shoot.

Mike Honcho
12-01-2015, 09:11 PM
"Liquid Souverän should be applied to paint that's free of contaminants and previously applied waxes and sealants."

So it has to be applied to "bare" paint, only? You can't layer it over other waxes and/or sealants?

Mike Honcho
12-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Bump.

07gtcs
12-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I put mine over BF Crystal Seal

Nick McKees37
12-03-2015, 05:32 PM
"Liquid Souverän should be applied to paint that's free of contaminants and previously applied waxes and sealants."

So it has to be applied to "bare" paint, only? You can't layer it over other waxes and/or sealants?

Over a sealant/coating - yes. I would not layer it over another wax because technically Souveran is a "hybrid" formula, meaning it contains carnauba wax and synthetic polymers.

You're going to LOVE this stuff. :dblthumb2:

Mike Honcho
12-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Thanks Nick!