PDA

View Full Version : Yup, another glaze question

Pages : [1] 2

dontsleeponit
09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm looking to try a glaze out on my car. It is metallic silver, and I want to try and get the color and the flake to pop as much as possible. Short of trying another wax, which I doubt would work much better then the max wax Im using on this color, I think a glaze may help.
What glazes sold here at AG would work well for me. I'm looking for a glaze that is purely a shine/depth enhancer. It doesnt have to polish or protect at all. Filling capabilities arent really important to me either, but they are a plus. I know some people use glaze as a topper for a car show or things like that, but I want to to go under a few coats of wax for durability and depth.

Ones Ive considered...

Menzerna Glaze PO 115C
Meguire's #7
XMT Glaze

purplenurple
09-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Skip those and get some Chemical guys Ez-Creme glaze... But if you want something from AG, get 3M imperial hand glaze or #7

dontsleeponit
09-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Skip those and get some Chemical guys Ez-Creme glaze... But if you want something from AG, get 3M imperial hand glaze or #7

yea, I will be trying one of the CG glazes most likely, but Im just looking for something to throw into an AG order im placing, ya know how it goes, O ill just add this last thing, or hmm I should try a small one of that too :D

have you used the #7 on a light metallic color before? Does it clean or polish at all?

orngez
09-26-2007, 07:26 PM
#7 looks good but does not last even till the next wash...really i hate to say it but AG does not have the best glaze offerings....not that there are many really good ones out there...most waxes and polishes have become such high quality offerings the glaze step is really not necessary anymore...

budman3
09-26-2007, 07:30 PM
A couple of detailing friends have nothing but good things to say about FK1's hand glaze....

I have yet to use a glaze but FK1 will be the first I'll try most likely.

Surfer
09-26-2007, 07:42 PM
I have #7, RMG, XMT, CG-EZ Creme etc.

IMO EZ-Creme is best hands down, even over RMG. XMT I did not like, too watery and absorbed into the pads, tried by hand and didn't care for it either even on black. #7 nothing special. I love EZ-Creme, its acrylic in makeup so it last and is very deep and wet looking.

If your buying from AG I would stick with the Menzerna Glaze.

dontsleeponit
09-26-2007, 07:59 PM
yea lots of people have recommended CG to me, I definitely want to get my hands on it.

Ehh i wish AG carnied more of these brands, add FK1 to the list of CG, ClearKote, etc...

Wolf-Strong
09-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I just used M7 and absolutely LOVED it. Gave the paint such a wet look I couldn't believe it, however this was on black paint, and M7 isn't the easiest product to work with. You might actually consider M81 as it is very easy to work with, and produces much the same results.

Remember, Meguiar's polish/glazes will not last because they aren't meant to add protection. These are only meant to help boost the look of the car and fill in pours in the paint to help prevent oxidation. An LSP is needed to lock in the look and seal the polish in.

supercharged
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Menzerna Glaze is nice, and you can use a sealant over it...

richy
09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
I have used RMG and the Menz. I prefer RMG. Haven't tried the CG one yet.

ScottB
09-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I miss the Clearkote twins and found them better than even the CG offering. RMG and VMG are still great products for carnauba users looking for additional gloss. The Menzerna offering isnt bad, and Megs #7 was always a hit and both found inside AG.

6LS2
09-27-2007, 06:59 AM
I have XMT Glaze and I like it alot. Leaves a really nice finish. Just shake it up heaps so its not runny, and enjoy it!

Z06-Goose
09-27-2007, 08:07 AM
RMG, M7, are great glazes sold by AG. Another product sold by AG that it's not necessarily a glaze, but will fit the bill for what you're looking for is the XMT 360, nice gloss and color enhancing properties

P1et
09-27-2007, 08:47 AM
I have CG EZ~Creme Glaze and it's just beyond wicked...

FMINUS
09-27-2007, 09:39 AM
:iagree::righton::cheers:
I have CG EZ~Creme Glaze and it's just beyond wicked...