PDA

View Full Version : Why I Chose the 15 Over The 21?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

roguegeek
12-03-2015, 05:57 AM
I have two cars that I maintain, a 2015 Toyota Highlander and 2015 Toyota Camry. I might do a little side work from time to time. I've been contemplating my first polisher purchase and I was looking at doing the 15 and Mini because well, none of my vehicles panels are that large, and almost all of them have some lines to them. I like the idea of more coverage with the larger pads, especially if I have the mini to get the tighter spaces, but I worry that the 21 will be too large and I'll spend just as much time with the mini as I would with the 21....

I'd appreciate any advice you might have, because your response has me re-thinking my plan of attack on purchases.

Your rationale is sound. The 15 and something like an iBrid would be a decent combo that could cover a lot of ground. Or you could just get a 3401 (or newer XCE) with real correction power and laugh at all the guys who are stalling their pads.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Your rationale is sound. The 15 and something like an iBrid would be a decent combo that could cover a lot of ground. Or you could just get a 3401 (or newer XCE) with real correction power and laugh at all the guys who are stalling their pads.

The 15 has real correction power, too. Especially the new Rupes 15 Mark II

kwwhite1
12-06-2015, 10:59 AM
I have had my 15 for a few weeks now and love it! I got the Rupes blue, green, and white foam and blue and yellow mf pads with rupes polishes now and the results are great. I came from a HF DA which I used for a long time so my experience with polishers is limited. I will be getting the ibrid once it becomes available for tight areas, I can't wait. The quality and feel of the machine is really something.

SSgt93
01-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Good thread. I think the 15 II will be perfect for me.

coolcobramatt
01-06-2016, 10:32 AM
The 15 has real correction power, too. Especially the new Rupes 15 Mark II

Can you elaborate on this claim? I ask in all sincerity as I have my 15 M II on order now and was told by DetailedImage they weren't even going to be shipped till the 15th. I see now others have had theirs for weeks argh! AG shows pre-order only as well, how the heck did everyone get one early?

Little late to the game but here's my thoughts. I've owned a first gen 15, a Duetto, a 7424 and a Flex 3401. Out of all those the 15 seemed best to me, it did stall at times but no where near as bad as the Duetto. The Duetto was a true disappointment. It was more like a 7424 "Deluxe" with a little less vibration and much less noise but it stalled on the flattest of panels with even zero pressure. I sold it after a few uses when I saw the new Mark II announced. The Flex, well yes it has true correction power but on the doors and with my bad back, it was a real brute. Who needs a gym when you have a Flex?

I don't do detailing for a living, I am a car show fanatic, so I am going back to the machine that I should have kept in the first place, the Rupes 15. I am crossing my fingers the new motor helps alleviate the stalling problem. Nothing is more aggravating than watching your pad and product do nothing but wiggle on your paint.

ski2
01-06-2016, 01:19 PM
My Boss 15 has cut my correction time in half and has no stalling problems with the 2 washers supplied by Griots installed and Buff & Shines new Low Pro pads.

VISITOR
01-06-2016, 03:11 PM
My Boss 15 has cut my correction time in half and has no stalling problems with the 2 washers supplied by Griots installed and Buff & Shines new Low Pro pads.

:dblthumb2:

Mike@ShineStruck
02-02-2016, 03:29 PM

I haven't used by low pros yet..just did a free air comparrison between the Boss pads, and a LC thin pro

At Speed 6 its obvious least vibration to most goes Thin pro, Boss, low pro
But I found out when I first used my polisher.. Speed 6 shreads pads..even when you use 6 per car..

Now at Speed 4/with same comparison its no real measurable.clear difference in vibration between the 3 ..this is the speed you'll be at majority of the time..

Thin pros are nice but Thin lads get hot quicker so they may or may not shred easier then then Boss..I'm thinking easier....less mass along with lack of center hole

I got 12 of each color of the low pros, I'm sure they'll serve me long and well.

Torture test between lowpro and Thin pro thread to follow soon if anyone is interested

Zubair
02-02-2016, 03:41 PM
I haven't used by low pros yet..just did a free air comparrison between the Boss pads, and a LC thin pro

At Speed 6 its obvious least vibration to most goes Thin pro, Boss, low pro
But I found out when I first used my polisher.. Speed 6 shreads pads..even when you use 6 per car..

Now at Speed 4/with same comparison its no real measurable.clear difference in vibration between the 3 ..this is the speed you'll be at majority of the time..

Thin pros are nice but Thin lads get hot quicker so they may or may not shred easier then then Boss..I'm thinking easier....less mass along with lack of center hole

I got 12 of each color of the low pros, I'm sure they'll serve me long and well.

Torture test between lowpro and Thin pro thread to follow soon if anyone is interested

Yes very interested, test the cut between them too while you at it, I wana see if your findings match mines.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Yes very interested, test the cut between them too while you at it, I wana see if your findings match mines.

Will do
I only have a white tbib lro..so will bug another and 1 of each color for the polishing/cutting pads

But from feel alone id guess the maroon low pro will cut more then the white Thin pro...
Well see

Should I do 1 pad at Speed 4 per car
Or 1 pad Speed 6 half a car

Zubair
02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
1 pad speed 6 per car if u wana do a torture test, hope not a car u care about lol.

Mike@ShineStruck
02-02-2016, 05:18 PM
1 pad speed 6 per car if u wana do a torture test, hope not a car u care about lol.

Naw just my 2012 kia rio...hate the thing lol
Or I'll test on my weathered fiero jfnit doesn't sell before the sun breaks out
Speed 6 never had a negative effect on car finish surface...just foam to velcro seperation
..but again I've literally only used Speed 6 twice which was my first two times ever using a polisher