PDA

View Full Version : Puckwoman finally thinks i'm NUTS!

Paul A.
11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
She has graciously and without much critical discourse put up with my obsession with detailing. Maybe because she is the beneficiary of such obsession...

It was time to clean my cold air intake cones in the race car today. Pop the hood, remove several hundred stupid engine covers (well, 3 but seems like several hundred screws anyway), remove the cones and clean away. Because they should be completely dry before oiling, i simply "borrowed" her blow dryer from the bathroom.

I have borrowed her blow dryer before for other "light heating" tasks (debadging was the most recent use) but this time she was convinced i had finally lost my mind. She could not, for the life of her, see any productive application of her precious hair dryer under the hood of a car! "I swear...you get grease on that thing you're moving out!" was the last thing i heard just before the garage door closed.

usmcpab
11-30-2015, 01:10 PM
I used to the same exact thing. And the gf got fed up with it because apparently it was some expensive blow dryer. So she ended up buying me a blow dryer of my own. Problem solved.

mwoolfso
11-30-2015, 01:16 PM
lol!!!

FUNX650
11-30-2015, 01:18 PM
A Visit from St. Nicholas

"while visions of blow dryers
danced in their heads"

~Clement (Bob) Clarke Moore

Mantilgh
11-30-2015, 01:18 PM
I was scolded the other day when my wife was browsing through my photos on my phone looking for pictures of the kids. She found some me testing AIOs my my lawn tractor.

"What are doing wasting your time on that?". "There's more important things that you should be focusing on".:bat:

But, but, but...

Hasn't noticed the ones me using the Leatherique system on my 357 mag holster yet. Dang it, photo gallery better get fixed soon, it's getting to cold to sleep outside!

Paul A.
11-30-2015, 03:58 PM
I used to the same exact thing. And the gf got fed up with it because apparently it was some expensive blow dryer. So she ended up buying me a blow dryer of my own. Problem solved.

Apparently that was the rub with her...she just got a new one and after getting pissed off at all the cheap ones over the years she shelled out over $100 for this one. Little does she know...all she has to do is just quietly go into my LSP stash and "borrow" my Fuzion and wax the fridge! I would obviously erupt to which she can counter with my use of her new fancy shmancy blow drier. And truth be told, i woulda got away with it but she surprised me and came home from work for lunch...

And i shared this with you guys because i just somehow knew there would be similar stories. Plus this was the first time she was seriously pissed. Love it Mantilgh! I actually Leatheriqued an expensive leather purse of hers a few years ago. Oh, i guess THAT was ok...huh?

runrun411
11-30-2015, 04:08 PM
One day last week my wife asked me to put up some new curtains in which I politely obliged. Before I put them up I asked her if she wanted to iron them first and she said "no I bought a real nice steamer at Macy's". Of course I couldn't wait to see what little POS she bought that she thinks will work. After I put up the curtains she goes into a Macy's bag and pulls out a small box that says Rowenta steamer. I start laughing and she says don't worry it works. So after reading the instructions I turn it on for her and just as I thought, just tiny little puffs of steam. So I go to the basement and get my McCulloch 1385 that I use for detailing. After hearing her snide comments during warm up when I was done she said "Wow that thing works, maybe you can do the kitchen floor" Uh-boy.

Joshwaa
11-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Funny you say that I have the McCulloch Steamer 1375 and was using it the other day and my girl said " Would that work on the kitchen floor?" To which I stupidly replied "sure it comes with the steam mop attachment." Now I have to worry about her playing with my car stuff.