PDA

View Full Version : Buffing pad selection

hollerstiltner
11-29-2015, 05:41 PM
After playing with the cobra cross groove pads for a while, I've decided to upgrade. The 6.5 size is annoying on my GG buffer and the correction speed leaves something to be desired.

I'm thinking of getting a couple meguiar's MF cutting pads for anything deeper that may occur and a few buff shine green pads to follow the MF pads, and as my general polishing pads. These will all be 5.5" pads vs my previous 6.5".

Think this would work well as a KISS method for personal vehicles? I'm also hoping the green pads will finish well enough on black GM paint. I was torn between green and blue, but read the green were pretty good all around.

I'm wanting to use B&S because a 6pack is reasonably priced and reputation is great.

Also, hope everyone is having a great holiday season!!!!

Chris.

precisionmobile85
06-23-2016, 06:23 AM
I know you posted this a good while ago but did you not like the cobra cross grooves or did they work well besides heavy cutting?

hollerstiltner
06-24-2016, 08:22 PM
I know you posted this a good while ago but did you not like the cobra cross grooves or did they work well besides heavy cutting?

Sorry for just seeing your reply.

My main issue was due to their size. My correction issues with them were mainly my fault. I had only one orange, with the rest being white or black. The orange seemed to correct decently, but not very fast on hard GM paint. It did leave a couple rids that, upon thinking more about, probably can't be polished out. Compared to my white CCS, I think the cross groove felt better. Both had equal outcomes.

If I were wanting to keep using 6.5", it likely be content with them.

precisionmobile85
06-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Yea I just actually ordered 6.5 inch ccs pads for my rotary dewalt. Was debating between the ccs and the cobras. From what I've read I should be happy with my choice I think. I also have some of the older kompressor pads in the 6 inch but haven't used them yet...thanks for your reply