PDA

View Full Version : New AMMO paint coating?

04accord
11-29-2015, 11:41 AM
saw this video last night..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20zcTp_dTL8

builthatch
11-29-2015, 12:06 PM
he mentions something about putting a coating on and "don't have to wash it or do anything". this was made regarding stuff already on the market.

that's the problem - nobody says that. for some reason, that sort of thing is always mentioned to knock tech that is already out and i am not sure what manufacturers like OPT or marketers like CarPro, for instance, ever said that about their product. they don't say it won't scratch, they don't say it's a forcefield. they don't say you don't have to wash your car or take specific care of it. those statements are made by someone else, and that is either 1. detailers or 2. consumers. yet, the people bringing the product to market always seem to catch the heat for that.

what sounds like marketing hype, to me...is the "flexible" aspect and reference to flex agents in paint. is not having that in current products some sort of downside? how is that an advantage? it sounds good, just like looking at graphic representations of product benefits look good.

i think he just needed something in this space to have his name on and figured out a way to separate himself with this flex talk. the product probably works fine. pretty sure we don't need another product in that sealant "coating" category that doesn't do anything unique.

i will add that there is room for new products, though. that Uber coating is purported to be a multi year ceramic coating and it's aimed at consumers. 2.0 used to do that and it disappeared. so, they filled a spot in the market. that's awesome and that is what we need more of.

silverfox
11-29-2015, 12:15 PM
This is not a coating even though he used that term in the description. It's a unique gloss enhancing prep product for ammo skin.

EzyBrzy
11-29-2015, 12:33 PM
This is not a coating even though he used that term in the description. It's a unique gloss enhancing prep product for ammo skin.

like CG Blacklight?

GSKR
11-29-2015, 12:56 PM

Looks more like the meguairs paint protection 365 hydrophobic type product.

vanev
11-29-2015, 02:08 PM
I like Larry Kosilla a lot.
His videos are very informative and educational.
I like what he is doing in regards to his product line, for his own company and personal use, and for light distribution.

I think he needs to be very careful to not back himself in a corner with his products.
I am sure the products are great, but so are all the established auto products out there.
The market is already crowded and the auto detail world does not really need a new brand of product lines.

Establishing his own product line for mass distribution may preclude him from trying and using all the other great products out there.
Maybe there is a niche for a high end auto detail line of products, but maybe not.
Hopefully Ammo NYC stays focused on the business of auto detailing and does not get distracted with the marketing of products.