PDA

View Full Version : While using my D/A Polisher.........

RandyD
11-28-2015, 08:04 PM
It was running fine and then suddenly started to splatter some specs of polish, then stopped and started again while I was doing about 3 passes. The machine was working fine. Did this happen because I used too much product?

DaveT435
11-28-2015, 08:11 PM
It was running fine and then suddenly started to splatter some specs of polish, then stopped and started again while I was doing about 3 passes. The machine was working fine. Did this happen because I used too much product?

The machine started and stopped? It's not a Meguiars is it?

Mantilgh
11-28-2015, 08:25 PM
This happens to me if I use to much. Seems if the pad heats up it will release polish while moments before it was only slightly damp.

I think it's moisture expanding as it heats and pushing the polish back out of the pad.

Try again with a fresh pad, or clean the one you have and dry it out.

RandyD
11-28-2015, 08:32 PM
This happens to me if I use to much. Seems if the pad heats up it will release polish while moments before it was only slightly damp.

I think it's moisture expanding as it heats and pushing the polish back out of the pad.

Try again with a fresh pad, or clean the one you have and dry it out.

Thanks, what you are saying makes sense because some of the splatter looked like moisture.

7PaintGuns
11-28-2015, 08:32 PM

I would say you hit an area that had a blob of polish you didn't see OR your pad was way too saturated.