PDA

View Full Version : Scratched up wheels applying opti coat

superlicious2
11-28-2015, 06:11 PM
So I bought some black Enkei Raijin wheels for my car for the winter. I figured I would use some opti coat on them before i tried it on my car...

I cleaned the wheels with car pro eraser and a microfiber towel. all good.

I used the provided foam applicator and microfiber towel while applying the opti coat.. when i was done with all the wheels i noticed something! scratches! scratches everywhere!!!..and one kind of big one :mad:

what happened? how can I fix this?

Rsurfer
11-28-2015, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=superlicious2;1320370]So I bought some black Enkei Raijin wheels for my car for the winter. I figured I would use some opti coat on them before i tried it on my car...

I cleaned the wheels with car pro eraser and a microfiber towel. all good.

I used the provided foam applicator and microfiber towel while applying the opti coat.. when i was done with all the wheels i noticed something! scratches! scratches everywhere!!!..and one kind of big one :mad:

what happened? how can I fix this?[/QUOTE

Was this the original Opti Coat 2 or Opti Gloss? Regardless which one, no way did it scratch your wheels. You either picked up some grit in the applicator or on your mf towels. If your doing it by hand, try Meg's Ulimate compound or Ultimate polish on a polishing pad to remove the scratches.

AGOatemywallet
11-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Pictures Please