PDA

View Full Version : ? For CCS Pad users

JAF06SE
11-28-2015, 10:53 AM
I use them. Have for the past couple years since I bought my PC. My question is....what colors do.you use for what? I have pretty ugh all of them except the blue and purple wool one. I mainly use my white and grey/black pads. I use my grey ones for all my applications mainly. I have the red and used them once. They were too soft and soaked up way too much product, even after priming the hell out them. Plus they're a pain to clean for the same reason. I want to know what anyone else that uses them or used them in the past used each color for. Mainly the finish ones, grey, red, blue, gold. Putting together a small Christmas list for the wife and just wondering if I should get some more grey or maybe try some new ones.

Finemess
11-28-2015, 11:02 AM
White-fine polish/AIO
Black-waxing
Orange-cutting

LSNAutoDetailing
11-28-2015, 11:09 AM
It depends on your application and product.

Yellow - if heavily oxidized, will depend on product. Usually I'll use this pad with a less aggressive product.

Orange - Moderate to aggressive product (i.e. HD Speed to Menz FG400)

White - Polish

Black - Past Wax Application

Blue - Liquid Wax application

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/Mustang030308/LC_pad_chart_zpsus1fgber.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Mustang030308/media/LC_pad_chart_zpsus1fgber.jpg.html)

AGOatemywallet
11-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Personally, I do not think that a PC with CCS is the best combo available

The thick CCS Pads absorb a lot of the power of the machine

I really like the Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Discs and their new thin foam pads for a PC

JAF06SE
11-28-2015, 02:23 PM
They came in my kit when I bought it. Have been very pleased with them and the durability. I still use my original pads. The 6.5's are too big yes. I bought a handful of 5.5's and they're awesome. I've heard good things from others about how they hold up and I have been happy. I thought about the Megs MF kit but I don't do enough corrections to justify it. I have a decent supply of the yellow and orange cutting pads. They handle everything I need for correction.

LSNAutoDetailing
11-28-2015, 03:33 PM

I really like the Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Discs and their new thin foam pads for a PC

I used both 5.5 Hydro-tech and 5.5 CCS with a PC, and I love the CCS. They perform brilliantly, clean up nice and last a long time.

For the GG G-15, I use either the GG pads for the BOSS, or the CCS. I like the GG pads and pair nicely with the GG Fast Correction Cream.

Ish
11-28-2015, 04:32 PM
I've used the orange, white, green and red 5.5" pads on my PC, although I also agree that the ccs pads tend to absorb too much of the power due to its thickness.

Orange - defect removal on medium paints,

White and Green - polishing or AIO's

Red - applying liquid waxes or sealants, although I found that it didnt absorb a lot of product at all, seemed to keep most of the wax on the surface of the pad, saving alot of product in my experience.

For harder paints, the Meguiars MF pads really work well on the PC.

dlc95
11-28-2015, 07:38 PM
I like the black for cleaner waxes, and sealant application.

I use the blue for final polishing.

I use the red for dedicated sealant or wax application. It's almost always a sealant though.

For general cutting (heavy, medium) I like the pink.

For general polishing I like the green.

CCS are still some of my favorite pads. I like pads with dimples, or cuts in them, especially for cutting, as the reduce heat, and (for me) offer a smoother cutting experience at high speeds. However, I don't cut with the stiff, smaller pore pads, but the (somewhat) softer, coarser pads with more open cell structures, like the pink ccs, or green buff and shine.

WAXOFF
11-28-2015, 10:16 PM
I only use CCS pads have all the colors. Just do pretty much everyone else says as far as the colors for different products and depending upon surface condition. As far as the PC I have one and used 5.5 CCS on it but after I bought a Flex a couple of years ago I haven't touche PC. Get a Flex and some 6.5 CCS and you will never look back.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-29-2015, 01:11 AM
If you have a PC you lack power. Meaning those large pads are more mass to rotate and spin.

You should get low profile pads. For your PC you will see better cutting ability at a faster rate. As well as they are more sturdy and run cooler.

Go with the megs low profile discs. I have personal experience with those and are excellent. On the pc

builthatch
11-29-2015, 01:18 AM

when i first started doing correction stuff in 2008, i got CCS pads. i was using a DA and Makita. it didn't take long to realize exactly what you are saying was true. it's not to say CCS aren't useable, because they are...but i agree that there are much better choices if one is looking to get more pads.

i switched to a few different types of pads after my initial batch and now, seven years later, my main machine is a GG6 and i use Buff and Shine pads. i think their profile coupled with the above-average-for-a-DA power of the GG6 are a great match. of course MF pads are a fantastic option for DA, but, yeah, the really low pro pads that are out now are definitely not a marketing tactic.

EzyBrzy
11-29-2015, 01:26 AM
It says they recommend 5" BP for the 6.5in pads, is that what you guys use or do you guys use a 6" BP?

JAF06SE
11-29-2015, 01:52 PM
It says they recommend 5" BP for the 6.5in pads, is that what you guys use or do you guys use a 6" BP?

My kit came with a 5" and came with the 6 1/2" pads. The 6 1/2's are a little big for the PC but work ok for applying product. Not good for correction with it though.

Dereksdtail
11-29-2015, 02:32 PM
I love the orange,white and green on my gg6 when doing light polishes, m205,ultimate polish and menz pf2500