PDA

View Full Version : need advice on HD products so I can buy ASAP

wn1998
11-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Let me start by saying I'm not a professional. I do my two cars and friends and family for free.

With that being said, I am taking advantage of the sale and picking up.

1. Cobra clay towel
2. 3 orange and 3 white (5.5 LC flat pads)

I need help as I don't know if I should get HD Adapt or HD speed. I want to be able to do a single step and get "better than what I started with results". I plan to top with Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.

Will the adapt finish well enough with a orange pad? Or will I have to go over it with a white?

Will Speed Topped with WGDGPS last as long as should I get adapt since I plan to top it anyway?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-28-2015, 09:29 AM
Let me start by saying I'm not a professional. I do my two cars and friends and family for free.

1. Cobra clay towel

I need help as I don't know if I should get HD Adapt or HD speed. I want to be able to do a single step and get "better than what I started with results". I plan to top with Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.

Will the adapt finish well enough with a orange pad? Or will I have to go over it with a white?

Will Speed Topped with WGDGPS last as long as should I get adapt since I plan to top it anyway?
What color and kind of car do you have? Oxidized?

wn1998
11-28-2015, 09:33 AM
I have a 2014 silver Jetta that is very well kept and a blue 2009 Nissan Versa but also work on several 2006 and newer cars.

Billy Baldone
11-28-2015, 09:39 AM
I recommend Menzerna 3 in 1 as a great cutting AIO. The results are amazing every time I use it

WRAPT C5Z06
11-28-2015, 09:39 AM
I have a 2014 silver Jetta that is very well kept and a blue 2009 Nissan Versa but also work on several 2006 and newer cars.
I'd go with ADAPT. It should finish very well. What tool will you be using? I'd go with the LC thin pro line of pads. Start with white and if you need more cut, step up to orange.
I wouldn't top an AIO with something else, unless it was the same brand protection being used in the AIO. Example, SPEED has HD POXY, so you could top with HD POXY.

wn1998
11-28-2015, 11:11 AM
So can Adapt finish out great with a white pad?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-28-2015, 12:00 PM
So can Adapt finish out great with a white pad?
It really depends on the hardness of the paint. However, generally speaking, ADAPT finishes well on most paint systems. With a white pad, it should finish great, unless they paint it really soft. What polisher will you be using?

FUNX650
11-28-2015, 12:05 PM
@Mark,

Just thought I'd drop by and say Hi!
BTW: Cool new forum name. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

conman1395
11-28-2015, 01:18 PM

1. Cobra clay towel

If you're gonna top with Wolfgang, then get Adapt. It is great. Speed topped with Adapt might not last as long because of the protection from Speed not allowing full bonding with the Wolfgang.

Unless you go with Poxy, I hear that works well with Speed.