PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate winter protection?

rajon
11-27-2015, 09:05 AM
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze. It is black. I drive it 50 miles a day through some dirty environments. I live in Michigan.

Several months ago I put Wolfgang Paint Sealant on my car after doing a pretty good paint detail. It looked positively stunning. I two bucket washed the car once a week and it continued to bead and look freshly waxed. I also put DP wheel glaze on and it performed fantastically.

A few days before Thanksgiving we got 8" of snow so the county put down 3' of salt. I had the fantastic idea of put my winter tires on awesome looking black split five spoke American Racing rims. I did at least glaze them before putting them on.

Well the poor car looked basically that nasty salty gray color. I was sad. I have the new Wolfgang rinseless that I will try later but I digress.

This morning I drove into work. Going mostly 80mph in a driving rain.

On the graves of my ancestors when I got to work and stepped out of the car it looked freshly washed. I mean shiny and beading like freshly waxed.

The coat of paint sealant is 4 months and 5000 miles old!?!?!?!?

I am a believer in Wolfgang. Sorry for that but I needed to get that off my chest somewhere someone might care. Im the MAN

FUNX650
11-27-2015, 05:31 PM
•Let it be known that:

1.) I'm glad to hear of your Wolfgang success story.

2.) It's not my fault that your vehicle wears
black wheels. :D

Bob

Klasse Act
11-27-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm a former resident of SEMI and have been living in Chicagoland since Dec of 2009 and our weather is give or take about the same. What you used on your car is a great product and the WGU RW is the BEST new product on the market without a doubt, your going to love it if you haven't used it already. It works great as a RW and WW ( I use 3 ounces of the product and 1 gallon of distilled water to make the WW, 1.5 ounces of product to make up 3 gallons of RW)

Are you looking to try out the new WG paint coating?

I agree with Bob about the gloss black wheels, incase you didn't know I'm president of the anti-gloss black wheels society, LOL!

rajon
11-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Eh, it is kind of traditional to run black steelies in the winter and I couldn't find any that fit so I went with a faux steelie being a split five spoke low pressure cast aluminium wheel.

I am very interested in the new coating.

FUNX650
11-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Eh, it is kind of traditional to run black steelies in the winter...
Eh, when did that tradition begin;
and, is it just a regional tradition?

Bob

rajon
11-29-2015, 12:03 PM
I saw them mostly in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I am not saying it's right but it is what it is.

FUNX650
11-29-2015, 12:41 PM
I'm
black steelies in the winter and I couldn't find any that fit
Detroit Wheel makes steelies for any vehicle, any size...
and they're almost in your backyard!

so I went with a faux steelie

being a split five spoke low pressure cast
aluminium wheel.

I can see where an aluminum wheel
can be justifiably labeled a faux steelie. :xyxthumbs:

I am very interested in the new coating.
:idea:

Right now...before you coat those wheels...
would be an excellent opportunity to at least
paint them matching body color. :D

Bob

rajon
11-29-2015, 07:33 PM
They are matching body color. :-) the car is either all black or all salt gray. I probably worry too much. I drive an econo box in the dark to work and then home from work also in the dark.