PDA

View Full Version : Dragloss poplish boding agent anyone use it?

king air pilot
09-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Hello All,

Well I spent about 4 hours washing and claying my Ford F150 in preperation for my first detail using the 7424 and the pro menzerna products. I also purchased Draglosss 601 a "polish bonding agent" do you think I will need this to help the final carnuba finish or should I skip this step.

It states it loosens old wax. Will this remove all the products that i will be using tomorrow?

Thanks
Mike

makdaddy626
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Which products will you be using tomorrow that you are concerned about removing?

Basically, after polishing with the 7424 and the menzerna polishes, you're going to want to protect all that hard work. Menz and other true polishes aren't really meant to leave anything on the paint, many people will use a 50-50 wather & alcohol wipe to make sure they don't, they are meant to refine the paint itself. 601 is made to clean away any chemicals and help a SEALANT to bond better - you would not use 601 directly under a carnauba wax.

Hope that helps, but if you give more details about exactly what your planning, we can provide better answers.

Al-53
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello All,

Well I spent about 4 hours washing and claying my Ford F150 in preperation for my first detail using the 7424 and the pro menzerna products. I also purchased Draglosss 601 a "polish bonding agent" do you think I will need this to help the final carnuba finish or should I skip this step.

It states it loosens old wax. Will this remove all the products that i will be using tomorrow?

Thanks
Mike

601 does not work with a carnauba..it just works with a sealant...use it under a sealant and leave it on and then do the sealant over it and buff off about 45 minutes later....then you can use a carnauba over a sealant if you want ..but wait 12-24 hours to let the sealant cure....

AL

purplenurple
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
601 does not work with a carnauba..it just works with a sealant...use it under a sealant and leave it on and then do the sealant over it and buff off about 45 minutes later....then you can use a carnauba over a sealant if you want ..but wait 12-24 hours to let the sealant cure....

AL

So this would work with any sealant, not just 105?

makdaddy626
09-26-2007, 02:24 PM
So this would work with any sealant, not just 105?

Here's a quote from the production description at the AG store...
"Apply the paint protection of your choice on top of the hazed PBA. Remember that PBA works with polymer sealants, such as Duragloss Clear Coat Polish #111. "

Sounds like any POLYMER sealant should work.

Al-53
09-26-2007, 02:33 PM
it will work with most polymer sealants...only product I used it on and acted funky was PB's EX..seamed to streak a bit during buffing..it may have been the wax content in EX..not sure....

AL

ScottB
09-26-2007, 04:43 PM
with modern additives like ZFX and Polycharger there seems no place for this product nor the original Zaino Z1. The newer stuff cures faster, lasts longer, and seems to look better (ie. more gloss).

purplenurple
09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
with modern additives like ZFX and Polycharger there seems no place for this product nor the original Zaino Z1. The newer stuff cures faster, lasts longer, and seems to look better (ie. more gloss).

601 is much cheaper than Polycharger tho, and it seems to add more gloss + durability. +1-2 months with 105 I believe.

Wonder if anyone has tryed this with WG DGS.

Mr Dream Machines
09-29-2007, 06:22 AM
Yes I use it but not as a base for sealants but by machine as a colour enhancer and polish work time enhancer and paint lubricant (to help machine glide along better)
I also apply it and four star paint cleanser by hand for richer colour and more depth after the machine polishing work.

It has so many uses that even I haven't finished testing it yet.

TOGWT
09-29-2007, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure why you want or need to improve the bond of a polymer sealant.

It forms a molecular bond with the paint (i.e. the polymer and paint molecules bond with /to each other)

orngez
09-29-2007, 07:12 AM
the bonding agent is kind of an outdated product...most, if not all, sealants on the market today dont have the bonding issues original sealants had...not really a product you need on the shelf anymore...

supercharged
09-29-2007, 09:34 AM

AL
:whs:

ehuth1
09-29-2007, 11:28 AM
601 is much cheaper than Polycharger tho, and it seems to add more gloss + durability. +1-2 months with 105 I believe.

:iagree: