PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country pads....need opinions on the different kinds

98LowRanger
11-26-2015, 03:55 PM
When I started to really get into detailing about a year and a half ago I was recommended Lake Country CCS Smart Pads. So for my foam pads that is pretty much what I stuck with. Upon looking at the pad comparison chart on Lake Country's website, it appears that the Orange Hybrid "Power Finish" pad has a considerable amount of cut over the Orange CCS pads. Have you guys found this to be the case?

I guess I am just looking for the most aggressive cutting foam pad that will still finish out well. I know wool and microfiber pads give more cut, but typically they leave a haze which is understandable due to the amount of cut they provide. Reading up on the Hydro-Tech, hybrid power Finish, Flat foam, and CCS pads is confusing so any input or opinions on these pads would be appreciated!

kosmetikwerks
11-26-2015, 04:23 PM
If your going LC pretty sure orange hybrid is the most aggressive your going to get with foam. Then comes hybrid wool pads/ MF/ wool.

Boejoula
11-26-2015, 05:11 PM
If your going LC pretty sure orange hybrid is the most aggressive your going to get with foam. Then comes hybrid wool pads/ MF/ wool.

This

But I would wait for a few more to chime in. The buffing tool you are using may have an impact on what pad works best.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-26-2015, 06:12 PM
All depends on what kind of machine your using. The car your working on.

And if your doing a multi step polish.

If your doing a multi step Polish the haze doesn't matter.
Because it will come out with the polish step.

If your doing a one step with a compound witch is rare but can happened you can use a polishing pad with compound.

I don't like the hyrotech pads , other do I however just dont.

If you have a flex get the hybrids they were designed for the flex.

If you have a long throw boss/rupes get any low profile pad. Or the new thinpros. They are designed for long throws orbitals.

If you have a pc7424xp or griots garage 6 inch. You can use the thinpros, they will help with faster rotation and correction.

However low profile pads struggle on contour edges and curves. As they don't flex and adjust.

Just USe your CCS pads when you get into concave areas .

dlc95
11-26-2015, 06:19 PM
What machine are you using?

RFrommann
11-26-2015, 06:21 PM
I enjoy the boss pads on my gg6 and flex 3401. I've also used the hydrotech pads.
I also have a bunch of lc flat pads that I use.

I'm ordering a bunch of lc thin pro

98LowRanger
11-26-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm using a Flex 3401. Hybrids were made for it? Hmmm

dlc95
11-26-2015, 09:47 PM

Yep. Those are the match made in heaven from what I understand.

I use the green, blue, and black Buff and Shine foams on mine.

kosmetikwerks
11-26-2015, 09:49 PM

Grab a few hybrid orange and hybrid white pads well the deals are on (black Friday) you won't be disappointed!:dblthumb2:

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Grab a few hybrid orange and hybrid white pads well the deals are on (black Friday) you won't be disappointed!:dblthumb2:

What he said, stock up on the sale might as well.

Pads for detailers are like diapers for baby's you can never have enough.

Baby's aren't going to stop pooping
And detailers aren't going to stop polishing.

dlc95
11-26-2015, 11:37 PM
What he said, stock up on the sale might as well.

Pads for detailers are like diapers for baby's you can never have enough.

Baby's aren't going to stop pooping
And detailers aren't going to stop polishing.

This is gospel, spoken by Next Level Detail!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-27-2015, 03:04 AM
This is gospel, spoken by Next Level Detail!

Lmao wouldnt be suprised if you get that quote as a tattoo.

I think you appreciate that quote more then others lol

Paul A.
11-27-2015, 11:15 AM
I am using the hybrid pads on my rotary but i know my machine as well as the forced rotation of the Flex 3401 have enough oomph to drive them and maximize their effectiveness. If i was a DA user i would absolutely be using the thin pads and again, for maximum pad effectiveness. DA's (free spinning, not the 3401) can be pushed to their limit of non rotation. Spinning less mass raises that limit.

David Hayward
11-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Get the lake country backing plate kit and then the hybrid pads for the Flex. Great combo.

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/flex-xc3401-backing-plates.html

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/5-inch-hybrid-pads.html