PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 751

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
09-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Carquest had it on sale so I picked up a bottle yesterday. Has anyone used this before?

Looks like you can also use it as a QD, but not sure about that!

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0751.jpg

Al-53
09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
It works very good on windows ..rain just rolls off....but best to clean glass real good...it does clean glass..but I found that cleaning before really helps ...

Al

P1et
09-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks Al. I really need to clay my windows as they feel very rough. I'll probably clay first, then apply a good layer or two of 751!

Al-53
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Al. I really need to clay my windows as they feel very rough. I'll probably clay first, then apply a good layer or two of 751!

after u clay wipe the window down with alcohol and then a glass cleaner..then 751.....I do the windows with it after a wash aslo....remember most windshild washer solvents has a Alcohol base...so it will wear at it as time goes on..but after a wash It works fine ....

Al

P1et
09-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Good tip there Al, thanks!

purplenurple
09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I have some, but havent tried it yet. Is there any streaking with this? WW vs regular MF to buff it off?

Truls
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Love that stuff, at 40/50 mph you dont need the wipers anymore, water just slides off....;)

I have not tryed it on the paint yet, stay with the AquaWax and fast clean and shine

ehuth1
09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I've been using as a QD for about a month now. I still use my AW, but the rain repel 751 by far creates the slickest surface area I've felt to date! Good buy, you will enjoy it!

I've not wax'd my truck in 4 months and probably washed with the foam gun in 2 months, so I can say by spraying 751 on the paint my truck looks as though it just got a fresh coat of something... It's super easy on and off, and I got cocky and sprayed the whole side of my truck in one shot, then came back with a MF in full sun on 80 degree day. Results speak for themselves.

P1et
09-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Al, one more question: would you recommend mixing this with distilled water and putting it in your windshield wiper reservoir?

richy
09-27-2007, 08:48 AM
I've been using as a QD for about a month now. I still use my AW, but the rain repel 751 by far creates the slickest surface area I've felt to date! Good buy, you will enjoy it!

I've not wax'd my truck in 4 months and probably washed with the foam gun in 2 months, so I can say by spraying 751 on the paint my truck looks as though it just got a fresh coat of something... It's super easy on and off, and I got cocky and sprayed the whole side of my truck in one shot, then came back with a MF in full sun on 80 degree day. Results speak for themselves.

I'm not sure I would have had the courage to try that against its intended purpose. Did you call DG and ask their opinion on that usage? Not saying you're wrong..it would be nice to hear it from them.

Al-53
09-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Al, one more question: would you recommend mixing this with distilled water and putting it in your windshield wiper reservoir?

I do not know if yo will get the cleaning power using it alone with distilled water....

I add 3 oz's to my resovoir and rest windsheild solvent....and it seems to do the job well....

I use GM's or AC delco Optikleen ..its a concentrated washer fluid..you mix with water....best washer I have used....it comes in quart size and you mix so many oz's to water....but a quart is like 5.95 ..I think it may may 5 gallons....get at the GM parts counter....great stuff....I even mix it for a glass cleaner...streak free stuff...

Window Cleaning Products - Auto Glass Cleaner&#160:&#160GM Goodwrench (http://www.goodwrench.com/PartsAccessories/WindowProducts.jsp)

AL

richy
09-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I spoke with Jerry at DG today and also asked him about the rain repel and he said ABSOLUTELY YES it can be used as a detail spray. He also said AW can be cut by up to 50% with distilled water..since it was originally designed to be used wet anyway, it's very concentrated..FYI.

Al-53
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I spoke with Jerry at DG today and also asked him about the rain repel and he said ABSOLUTELY YES it can be used as a detail spray. He also said AW can be cut by up to 50% with distilled water..since it was originally designed to be used wet anyway, it's very concentrated..FYI.

Jerry told me last year it could be cut with water...I tried it..it does not give the same results as used straight....lacked in the slickness and lasting abilities and the rain and dirt repelling properties...for the price of it I see no need to cut it.....using monthly straight a gallon will last you a few years..lol....maybe some may want to cut it doing customers cars after doing a wash...but again..for the amount you use on a car why cut it....

AL

Jimmie
09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Some great tips on this thread. Thanks P1et and all.

richy
09-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Jerry told me last year it could be cut with water...I tried it..it does not give the same results as used straight....lacked in the slickness and lasting abilities and the rain and dirt repelling properties...for the price of it I see no need to cut it.....using monthly straight a gallon will last you a few years..lol....maybe some may want to cut it doing customers cars after doing a wash...but again..for the amount you use on a car why cut it....

AL

Al..thanks so much for that info..they speak very highly of you at DG!!