PDA

View Full Version : Looking for waterless wash advice

ajack6292
11-25-2015, 06:06 PM
I've always loved clean cars, but only got into detailing at this level about six months ago. This will be my first winter (I was born in Detroit and grew up in West Virginia so I really do understand the difference between my Richmond winters and real winters). I stopped water hose washes once we started seeing highs in the low 50s - I confess to being a pansy, but then that's why I prefer Richmond winters to real winters. I decided against rinseless wash because that seems to require two buckets, and I park outside, on gravel, so the cool buckets on wheels rigs won't work, and the water gets COLD. That left waterless. I've been mixing up Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless for body, wheels and tires, but I just have this feeling there might be different ways, different products, etc. I also hate that I haven't figured out a good way to clean the wheel wells. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

GSKR
11-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Happy thanksgiving to all.

7PaintGuns
11-25-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm in the same boat OP. I have been doing waterless and the pay and spray (put some money in, use the power washer). I like going to the pay and spray much more. Some times I will take two buckets, some times one. Just buy you self a cheap five gallon bucket and order a gamma seal lid and fill it up with your water and soap at home. The one I use costs $2. I put in my $2 and power wash the car as much as I can and as soon as the time is about to run out I have my soap bucket ready and shoot some water in it to suds up the soap. Time runs out and I take my time washing with the wash MIT I bring along with me(run far away from the brush they have there). Put another $2 in and rinse, pull out of the bay and dry it off! Here's a thread I started the other day about getting cold and tips & tricks. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/96876-pay-spray-frost-bite-uber-detail-spray.html

Hope that helps! Happy Thanksgiving!

ajack6292
11-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Just what I needed, especially the discussion of different kinds of gloves in the "Pay and Spray" thread (don't know how I missed it first time around). I know a place nearby, I just always thought the power washers would damage the paint / wax. Thanks a bunch, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

7PaintGuns
11-25-2015, 08:59 PM
I was just looking through the http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/53797-what-did-you-do-today-detailing-related-826.html thread and Daviddear30 just received a pair of cold temp wetsuit gloves. I'm looking on amazon as we speak.

ajack6292
11-25-2015, 09:08 PM
I was just looking through the http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/53797-what-did-you-do-today-detailing-related-826.html thread and Daviddear30 just received a pair of cold temp wetsuit gloves. I'm looking on amazon as we speak.

Just saw same thing. Here is link to manufacturer: Gloves Archives - Hyperflex Wetsuits (http://hyperflexusa.com/categories/mens-gloves/)
Is AGO great or what?

7PaintGuns
11-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Sure is!

David Hayward
11-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Man all these years I've cleaned stuff outside would have loved the wetsuit glove idea. Lucky for me now I have a garage with a drain and heat so I can do full, rinseless, and waterless any time of year in comfort.

irvsmith
11-26-2015, 10:31 AM
I have been liking ultimate waterless wash +.

Klasse Act
11-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Don't bother with anything else....

Wolfgang Uber rinseless is THE way to go! It makes a great rinseless and waterless, which in the OP's case would be what he's looking for right now.

This is the best RW/WW I've ever used and of coarse can be made into a QD and clay lube as well. The initial cost is more money but it's more concentrated, so it stretches further and when using it as either a RW or WW drying the product is a breeze!

Buy this and your all done with your search!!!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

David Hayward
11-26-2015, 12:45 PM

Wolfgang Uber rinseless is THE way to go! It makes a great rinseless and waterless, which in the OP's case would be what he's looking for right now.

This is the best RW/WW I've ever used and of coarse can be made into a QD and clay lube as well. The initial cost is more money but it's more concentrated, so it stretches further and when using it as either a RW or WW drying the product is a breeze!

Just got mine did one rinseless wash and was very happy with the product.

Klasse Act
11-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Just got mine did one rinseless wash and was very happy with the product.
Glad you liked it, it really works great as a waterless as well. I used 3 ounces of product with a gallon of distilled water. I use distilled because it's going to sit for a while.

7PaintGuns
11-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Glad you liked it, it really works great as a waterless as well. I used 3 ounces of product with a gallon of distilled water. I use distilled because it's going to sit for a while.

:iagree::iagree:

ajack6292
11-26-2015, 06:09 PM

Just added it to my wish list. Would have bought it given all the feedback but we're heading out for vacation, and AG would have had it on the porch long before we returned. Thanks much for the suggestion (and all the "I agree" guys' support). Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day!

kevincwelch
11-27-2015, 08:51 AM
I'll echo Klasse Act's recommendation. I was lucky to get my hands on the prototype and loved it. I've also used the final Uber Rinseless as well a few times. (My wife will comment on how much gloss her car has if I ask her what she thinks, but after I used Uber on her car, she volunteered it without my prompting.)

I think it's great and it cleans as well as ONR and ONR wash and wax. I think it looks better when done when compared to those two, but I'm sure if I were blinded and asked I couldn't tell the difference. It certainly FEELS different when washing - Uber is very slick.

As we move into winter, I'll see how well it performs with warm/hot water in a 30 degree garage!

(Sent via my mobile device)