PDA

View Full Version : Best Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

JohnnyDee
11-25-2015, 01:24 PM
What wax would you recommend for my new 2016 Corvette that is Shark Gray Metallic? Thanks

FUNX650
11-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html) ... :dblthumb2:

Bob

Kamakaz1961
11-25-2015, 01:41 PM
There are so many to choose from so you are going to get a large variety of wax brands and opinions.

As for being tough and durable: Collinite Brands. They are always mentioned in these posts. In terms of Wet-look, depth, brilliance and gloss...they do not compare to Souveran or Sonax. The good thing it will last longer.

As for Gloss, wet-look, depth and brilliance: You can't go wrong with Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax, Sonax, any of Drew's SON1C Wax. There are many others, however, there are too much to choose from. The waxes I have mentioned are all 1st hand experience usage.

I like Poorboy's Red and Blue and they are excellent waxes for the price.

If it were me, any of the high end Paste wax would be the choice for your Vette. This is all pricing below $100. If you are looking to spend a little more then there are quite a few too!! To me treat your Vette to some of the best. The Collinites can be good, however, based on 1st hand experience Souveran, SON1C and Sonax are better. Collinite waxes tend to be finicky and difficult to remove if not properly put on (ie...thick).

This stuff will make your head spin. I would just find a wax that you pick and go with it. Souveran, SON1C, Sonax Paste waxes DO NOT ghost or haze once put on which is a good thing.

It all boils down to your choice.

Good luck in your choice.

GS2011
11-25-2015, 02:11 PM
This works well on my Cyber Gray Metallic: Wolfgang Fzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, carnauba car wax, show car wax, polymer wax, paste wax, Wolfgang German car care (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html)

Jaretr1
11-25-2015, 02:32 PM
This works well on my Cyber Gray Metallic: Wolfgang Fzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax, carnauba car wax, show car wax, polymer wax, paste wax, Wolfgang German car care (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuzion-wax-sample.html)

:iagree:

Or this: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax, wax for black cars, wax for black paint (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-black-ice-hybrid-montan-sealant-wax.html)

mwoolfso
11-26-2015, 12:11 AM
Collinite 915 or Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid

hoyt66
11-26-2015, 04:46 AM

Can't miss here. User friendly, high durability, makes metallic POP and smells great. You also get a free refill. Buy it on sale and its a can't lose wax.

GSKR
11-26-2015, 07:49 AM
:iagree:

Or this: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, best black car wax, wax for black cars, wax for black paint (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-black-ice-hybrid-montan-sealant-wax.html)
It's a good product but not worth 150.00 plus shipping.

GSKR
11-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Dodo juice line provides a wow factor shine,and I've tried them all if your looking for something more durable and user friendly 4 star paint sealer super easy cheap and a good product and leaves the paint slick.

dlc95
11-26-2015, 08:32 AM
For being a wax fan, I've narrowed it down it Meguiar's M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax, Zymol Creame or Carbon, and Surf City Garage Barrier Reef Carnauba Paste Wax. I only use them on personal/family vehicles, or my neighbors classics - after sealant. I prefer to use sealants on paid jobs for the durability / longevity.

Mike Honcho
11-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Hey CJ - I've seen you mention Souveran a few times. Liquid or paste? How does it compare to Fuzion in depth and gloss?

David Hayward
11-26-2015, 09:59 AM
Hey CJ - I've seen you mention Souveran a few times. Liquid or paste? How does it compare to Fuzion in depth and gloss?

I haven't used fusion, but I have the souveran paste and liquid. They have both given me great visual results but I really like working with pastes as a personal preference. I've heard from some people that the car can attract a bit of a dust using the liquid, I have found that to be true myself I think, that or my brain has been tricked into thinking that since someone told me about it.

GSKR
11-26-2015, 10:15 AM
I haven't used fusion, but I have the souveran paste and liquid. They have both given me great visual results but I really like working with pastes as a personal preference. I've heard from some people that the car can attract a bit of a dust using the liquid, I have found that to be true myself I think, that or my brain has been tricked into thinking that since someone told me about it.
It's true after 15 min off application all kinds of stuff clings to it.

GSKR
11-26-2015, 10:20 AM
It's true after 15 min off application all kinds of stuff clings to it.

Kamakaz1961
11-26-2015, 11:09 AM

I have used both liquid and paste. IMO the paste is better. IMO, there is not too many waxes that can compare to Souveran Paste wax in terms of Gloss, Brilliance, Depth and Wet Look. This includes all the hybrid waxes such as Fuzion, BlackICE and Synergy. I tried them all and IMO BECAUSE they are Hybrids might be the reason why it does not compare to Souveran Paste Wax.

The liquid Souveran is good and I think great for "Lighter" Colored vehicles such as Silver or White.

This is my opinion and 1st hand experience. I donated Synergy and BlackICE to an AGO person. I still have my Fuzion because it is the BEST of the 3 Hybrid Waxes. IMO

I would assume many others on this site might have a different opinion.

But if it were me from the original OP, I would go straight to the Souveran Paste Wax hands down. Treat his Baby (Vette) with an excellent carnauba wax.