PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: 4* leather cleaner&conditioner

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
09-26-2007, 04:52 AM
I got samples of Four Star Leather cleaner, and leather conditioner (thanks Adde, and Strokin) a while ago, but only now had time to fully use them and write a review on both. I knew conditioner was going to be very similar to Wolfgang/Pinnacle series, and what I really wanted to try was their leather cleaner. First of all, it's a gel leather cleaner, it is just as thick as Wolfgang or Pinnacle gel wheel cleaner (but not as thick as DP) (still haven't tried 4* wheel cleaner), doens't have any odor/any chemical smell to it (Wolfgang, Pinnacle, and DP - all do (DP has a light chemical/banana smell, others are worse)). Now sure how other detailers look at it, but I am allergic to those chemical scents, that's why I'm looking for a product to have the least/no chemical smell...anyway, I sprayed it on directly on leather and let it sit there for a couple of minutes...just like any gel wheel cleaner - it doesn't run!!! I love it! It stays where you spray it!:righton: Interior was pretty dirty (my mom's 02 Infiniti I35), haven't cleaned it for the last 3 months...I used a brush to help loose some stubborn dirt (there was some), and wiped everything clean with a MF towel. I had to use 6 16''x16'' towels, thare was so much dirt. I also noticed that this is the first leather cleaner that seemed to soften leather while cleaning! Great product!!! $13 for 16 oz, can't beat that! 5 stars! Will I by more again - yes, and this time in 64 oz refills.

Like I mentioned before, leather conditioner was very similar to Wolfgang/Pinnacle series...to be exact it is thicker then Wolfgang, but not quite as thick as Pinnacle. I applied it with my bare hands (the only way to apply quality leather conditioners, but don't do it with cheap brands), and left it on while I was washing the car (30-40 minutes)...leather absorbed almost all conditioner, I wiped it the remaining and buffed it off. Leather felt much softer. 5 stars! $15 for 16 oz bottle you can't beat this value! It's the ultimate leather conditioner! Will I buy more again - yes, in 64 oz refills.

Both products are excellent, simply a hidden gem. I highly recommend both of them!

HighEndDetail
09-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the review

makdaddy626
09-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks supercharged. Taking the time to review products saves us all $$$.

ScottB
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I got a bottle to try based upon Supercharged's recommendation, now if it would stop raining !

dontsleeponit
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
thanks for the review, ive been looking at this stuff based on a few people saying it was good and the price is great, I think I will be buying now.

Question, my car has leather which is kind of dimpled or perforated, do you think I will have a problem using the gel cleaner?

Surfer
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I got a bottle to try based upon Supercharged's recommendation, now if it would stop raining !Raining like an SOB down here.

Pats300zx
09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Four Star Leather Conditioner is great. I picked up a bottle recently and have been using it on a alot of my details. I agree it is a hidden gem

Strokin04
09-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Good review and I feel the same way about the 4* line up being a great product.

Jimmie
09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Really appreciate the review Supercharged. Thank You.

supercharged
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
you are welcome, guys, always glad to help...love knowing about product before purchasing it.

thanks for the review, ive been looking at this stuff based on a few people saying it was good and the price is great, I think I will be buying now.

Question, my car has leather which is kind of dimpled or perforated, do you think I will have a problem using the gel cleaner?

no, I don't think so...in case a little issue will come up, use distilled water from a spray bottle and a damp MF towel to wipe it off...

dontsleeponit
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
thanks man :cheers:

supercharged
09-27-2007, 10:00 AM
thanks man :cheers:
you are welcome! Give it a try, I'm sure you will like it!

dontsleeponit
09-27-2007, 03:59 PM
supercharged you mentioned you spray the cleaner on, does it come with a sprayer or you transfered it?

supercharged
09-27-2007, 08:33 PM
supercharged you mentioned you spray the cleaner on, does it come with a sprayer or you transfered it?
the bottles I had were samples (in orinigal bottles, but didn't have sprayers)... not sure if it comes with a sprayer or not (well, it should), but this is the sprayer I've used - http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1967_2448985
Extra sprayers fit all 16 and 32 ounce bottles. All sprayers listed here are chemical resistant and capable of withstanding strong, acidic cleaners (http://www.autogeek.net/extrasprayers.html)

dontsleeponit
09-27-2007, 09:51 PM
thank you again, if the pics AG has are accurate then it doesnt look like it comes with one so I will pick one of those up.