PDA

View Full Version : auto chem review

chuckk
11-23-2015, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0cx3FVECRo
Looks to be the best winter waterless wash to me...did anyone ever tried this product? I need a waterless wash that can work in harsh canadian winter.

pheerix
11-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Doesn't matter how good a product is if it's used with horrible technique, as aptly shown in this video. Places clean towel on dirty surface to pre-soak the towel, uses way too little product, works in a way too large of an area per side of towel, buffs "clean" area repeatedly while touching dirty areas thus contaminating towel, drops spray bottle and uses same towel to clean spray bottle, etc.

FUNX650
11-23-2015, 07:18 PM
16oz for $18.00...:eek:

"Not gonna do it; wouldn't be
prudent at this juncture".

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lXI3-4c67WY"]Not Gonna Do It - YouTube[/video]

Bob

chuckk
11-23-2015, 10:48 PM
I agree his technique is not the best for us detailers but just the product itself is impressive for 18 bucks (CAN). I was asking because I haven't yet find a product that can be wiped off in this kind of cold.

For me winter is all about automatic car washes (touchless of course) once a week aprrox. I usually find a garage and apply a coat of sealant before the city start to spread salt all over the public roads. I only use these kind of products after getting out of the car wash for final touch ups.

hollerstiltner
11-24-2015, 09:16 AM
I agree his technique is not the best for us detailers but just the product itself is impressive for 18 bucks (CAN). I was asking because I haven't yet find a product that can be wiped off in this kind of cold.

I'm not convinced it's the product or conditions that allowed it to be wiped off in the video. He was working the sunny side of a black car. That could raise the panel's temperature to a level that allows him to clean it without the product freezing.

I personally don't work in freezing temperatures, but I do recall BobbyG posting about having to work in direct sunlight to allow the products to work properly.