PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG

Pages : [1] 2 3

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Ok, so I am experimenting with AIO, SG and a topper. Now I've read different things about SG regarding how long to leave it on. I've heard leaving it on as short as humanly possible (apply with left hand, wipe off IMMEDIATELY with right) and I have also heard to let it sit for a while. What is the general consensus here?

joe.p
06-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Apply the SG as thin as possible let it haze then remove it.
I think people may apply it too thick thats why they have trouble removing it.

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 10:21 PM
I still don't get what "haze" even means. I'm such a loser!:p

joe.p
06-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Hazing is when the products drys it kinda of looks milky white.

You ask some very valid questions. people here are always willing to help out
so keep asking then when you have some of the answers you pass it on to the next guy who needs help. Have Fun & Good Luck :)

abrcrombe
06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Well I have a black car. We are supposed to put it on as thin as possible. So it turning to milky white, does that mean like a white layer over the paint or it has turned "whiteish". Also, you have used SG right, how long did it take for it to haze for you?

JeffW
06-22-2006, 06:41 AM
SG isn't going to haze in the same manner that you are probably use to after applying waxes and sealants. Matter-of-fact, I don't recall much, if any, hazing when I've used SG.

Exceptionally thin application - some have said that if you can see it on the surface you've applied too much - I found the best way to apply was against a reflection of a light source so the smear of the product can be seen. Once you've seen the liquid smeared on the surface don't try to add more: it's on there, really.

After a while observe the surface and buff to a nice gloss. If there are areas that you applied too thick, reapply a tad of SG and wipe off.

I've used SG mainly on the hoods and roofs, and a number of times I did not worry about removing the product; just buffed away til the surface was as I wanted.

Of all the products that I've used, SG is definitely the one that took the most getting use to for me. Play with it in inconsicuous places on the car until you get the hang of it.

BILL
06-22-2006, 06:43 AM

Your a winner:applause: .......IMHO??? Haze means just that......a slight cloudiness haze......:)

abrcrombe
06-22-2006, 03:21 PM
About how long did you wait before you wiped it off JeffW?

scooterguitar
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I tried different ways, and I still hate using it! I would think, wipe the hood, then start removing from where you started, if that makes sense?
OMG< I will never use it on a white car again, geez what a PIA! I am doing my mom's old beater now (worse car ever!) and owuld love to have the heavy sealant like SG on it since she never takes care of it, but no way, gonna go with EXP. Or should I do UPP? Which is longer lasting?

BILL
06-22-2006, 04:45 PM
quote:

Or should I do UPP? Which is longer lasting?

I love U.P.P.........Not sure of the durability. but the ease of use is phenonimal........i'd love to try S.G. but ive heard of not so easy removal....
Any truth to that??? S.G User's???

abrcrombe
06-22-2006, 04:47 PM
I try to wipe it off as fast as I can, so it isn't bad. I have heard if you let it sit, it is a PITA to remove. That is kind of what I am asking. What is the correct procedure, and how long to let it sit before removal. LOL

BILL
06-22-2006, 05:18 PM
S.G. is a sealer right?? i know with U.P.P. you have to let it cure....

i thought that was that way with all sealers....... hmmmmm :-0

abrcrombe
06-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, there is a difference between haze and cure. Haze is when it turns milky white (thanks guys), and cure is letting it bond to the surface. Klasse SG has to cure at least 24 hours. This means you can't add another layer until it cures.

BILL
06-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, there is a difference between haze and cure. Haze is when it turns milky white (thanks guys), and cure is letting it bond to the surface. Klasse SG has to cure at least 24 hours. This means you can't add another layer until it cures.

When you said you like to wipe it on and off right away, are we talikng about S.G.??:confused: :confused:

abrcrombe
06-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I am referring to my technique. I have read other techniques that allow it to dry (maybe haze) up to like 30 minutes!