PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING results with Rupes zephir

Msdetailing
11-22-2015, 08:51 PM
Well today I really got to push this compound to the limit.

I was working on a 2012 mini coupe JCW. The area I was working on was the rear bumper top, which often gets damaged with bags etc being put in and taken out of the trunk.

Now a lot of people I talk to about this compound say is very filler heavey (and to a certian point, I agree) however, I don't think these people fully work the compound.

However after 4 hits and a few IPA wipe downs, this is what I got!

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p737/luke200891/Mobile%20Uploads/E96BE96E-88F3-48E3-A2DF-31776CCA2A14_zpse69uizbn.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/luke200891/media/Mobile%20Uploads/E96BE96E-88F3-48E3-A2DF-31776CCA2A14_zpse69uizbn.jpg.html)

Under certain light, there was some "compound marking" which is to be expected from a heavey compound step, Rupes yellow top would have taken care of that no problem.

dlc95
11-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Very nice! What pad and machine did you use? I usually get a lot of dust with Zephir, but it works really, really well, and smells really good!

Msdetailing
11-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Very nice! What pad and machine did you use? I usually get a lot of dust with Zephir, but it works really, really well, and smells really good!

Sorry, I should have said.

Rupes blue pad with the rules mini :)

Yep, it dust a fair bit, but it's a high cutting compound so it's expected.
Can't wait to use the rest of the rupes line on this car.

Mike Phillips
11-22-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm a huge fan of RUPES Blue/Blue.

Have you read this thread?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/75273-mind-blowing-rupes-blue-foam-cutting-pad-zephir-gloss-coarse-gel-compound.html

I don't pay attention to anyone that talks about fillers in compounds, too many people forget the big picture plus there's this ingredient the "filler crowd" always seems to forget about and that's the polishing oils that prevent the abrasives from scouring the paint but instead enable the process to create beauty.

:dunno:

KS_Detailing
11-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Nice review, I plan on testing out the rupes system more. I use their polishing pads and polishes. I tried the blue pad the other day and it was very stiff

dlc95
11-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Sorry, I should have said.

Rupes blue pad with the rules mini :)

Yep, it dust a fair bit, but it's a high cutting compound so it's expected.
Can't wait to use the rest of the rupes line on this car.

And that's the foam, correct?

I have a boatload of their microfiber pads, and I absolutely love them. They're very potent, but I prefer foam, and am building up my Rupes foam pad arsenal.

At this point, I've only acquired the Zephir blue, and Keramik yellow sets. I feel that I can cover a good amount of ground with that set-up.

dlc95
11-23-2015, 12:00 AM
I'm a huge fan of RUPES Blue/Blue.

Have you read this thread?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/75273-mind-blowing-rupes-blue-foam-cutting-pad-zephir-gloss-coarse-gel-compound.html

I don't pay attention to anyone that talks about fillers in compounds, too many people forget the big picture plus there's this ingredient the "filler crowd" always seems to forget about and that's the polishing oils that prevent the abrasives from scouring the paint but instead enable the process to create beauty.

I love that thread, and 100% agree about the "fillers".

SonOfOC
11-23-2015, 12:02 AM
Also a big fan of Zephir with Rupes blue pad.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-23-2015, 02:16 AM
always seems to forget about and that's the polishing oils that prevent the abrasives from scouring the paint but instead enable the process to create beauty.

And how about when those fillers are eventually removed?

Some fillers are durable enough that an IPA wipe down will not remove them. I guess it may not be a big deal if you're aware of what you're working with. However, at the end of the day, wouldn't you want to know your true results?

Msdetailing
11-23-2015, 05:53 AM

Some fillers are durable enough that an IPA wipe down will not remove them. I guess it may not be a big deal if you're aware of what you're working with. However, at the end of the day, wouldn't you want to know your true results?

That's why I (today) used some panel wipe, no change. I did mention that there was some slight marking (marring) from heavy compounding left over, however ruoes YELLOW top, contains NO fillers so I would use this next.

Mike Phillips
11-23-2015, 08:21 AM

I'll just stick to what I wrote about the filler crowd.

:props:

Zubair
11-23-2015, 04:09 PM
At this point, I've only acquired the Zephir blue, and Keramik yellow sets. I feel that I can cover a good amount of ground with that set-up.

Its like the new M105/205 and FG400/SF4000 combo.

The Blue and Yellow is all you really need but I do enjoy knowing I have all and try them all.

dlc95
11-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Its like the new M105/205 and FG400/SF4000 combo.

The Blue and Yellow is all you really need but I do enjoy knowing I have all and try them all.

Especially adding the microfiber option. Gives a lot of flexibility.