PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Boejoula
11-21-2015, 08:50 PM
What's up guys, I'm new here but have been detailing for just shy of ten years. I'm looking to start my own mobile detailing business in a few months (when the winter ends). I work at a shop in NJ and I would say we are pretty good but not up to my standard anymore.

I have considering this my "job" for the passed 10 years while I figured out what I wanted to with life and I've realized this is it. So I want to up my game a bit and get into my own thing. The shop is more of an assembly line for detailing, get em in, get em out. The cars come out pretty good but when I look into the paint I can still see imperfections.

We use the Meguires ultra cut 105 on every car and some Auto Magic BC-2 as a leveling wax, both with the flex 3401. I want to focus on quality over quantity. I like the flex and I'm comfortable with the Meguires 105 but, I'm looking for advice on compounds, polishes, waxes, and matching them up to pads to use.

I've been looking at the lake county hybrid pads. I am lost with all the chemical choices out there.

Paul A.
11-21-2015, 09:46 PM
Welcome Boejoula!

Mike Phillips
11-21-2015, 09:52 PM
HI and welcome to the forum!

To get help start a thread with a good title, like

Suggestions for new products?

The reason why is because people like me decide what threads to >click< on and read based upon the title.

Intro threads are for introductions. Beyond that, if you have questions start a NEW thread with a title that shows me and others what you want help with and you'll get a lot more replies.

You can post your questions here, which is a catch-all forum for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101

or here,

Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!

I try to visit my forum group everyday when I'm in the office to answer questions.

:)

Boejoula
11-21-2015, 11:58 PM
HI and welcome to the forum!

To get help start a thread with a good title, like

Suggestions for new products?

The reason why is because people like me decide what threads to >click< on and read based upon the title.

Intro threads are for introductions. Beyond that, if you have questions start a NEW thread with a title that shows me and others what you want help with and you'll get a lot more replies.

You can post your questions here, which is a catch-all forum for any kind of question.

Auto Detailing 101

or here,

Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!

I try to visit my forum group everyday when I'm in the office to answer questions.

:)

Was planning on it as soon as I can answer a few myself. I have been doing a decent amount of reading on here regarding other buffers, compounds, waxes, and stuff I haven't used. When I can narrow things down a bit more I will post plenty of questions, lol. Thank you!

Welcome Boejoula!
Thank you!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-22-2015, 03:05 AM
Welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

I love my Flex 3401 and run the Lake Country Hybrids and Menzerna Polishes with it.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/77155-my-technique-concerning-3401-menzerna-products-hybrid-pads.html

Bunky
11-22-2015, 07:12 AM
Welcome !!

Pats300zx
11-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Welcome to AGO !!