PDA

View Full Version : When is a product officially dead??

Pages : [1] 2

A2D Signature
11-21-2015, 05:22 PM
So I have some glaze I was going to use. Haven't used it on over 2 years so it was separated. I went ahead and threw a ball bearing and a nut inside the bottle to shake it up.

After about 45seconds of shaking it up for 5 minutes, it separates again. Do I chalk it up as a loss or keep shaking??

Setec Astronomy
11-21-2015, 05:40 PM
That's not even the right color for Red Moose, is it? Did it freeze by any chance?

A2D Signature
11-21-2015, 05:41 PM
That's not even the right color for Red Moose, is it? Did it freeze by any chance?

No, just old.

Setec Astronomy
11-21-2015, 05:49 PM
I never had any RMG, but Vanilla Moose certainly separates out very quickly. That bottle looks purplish, that's not what I remember RMG looking like, has the color changed?

Those oily glazes seem to go bad, my Meg's 80 series stuff is all separating and watery. I'm not sure I've shaken my Vanilla Moose in a long time, I can't remember the last time I used it.

A2D Signature
11-21-2015, 05:52 PM
I never had any RMG, but Vanilla Moose certainly separates out very quickly. That bottle looks purplish, that's not what I remember RMG looking like, has the color changed?

Those oily glazes seem to go bad, my Meg's 80 series stuff is all separating and watery. I'm not sure I've shaken my Vanilla Moose in a long time, I can't remember the last time I used it.

Then I'm guessing it's time to trash it.

Kamakaz1961
11-21-2015, 06:07 PM
If it were me...I would consider it dead! Why take the chance of messing up your ride when you are detailing. I think you should do a decent trash burial!

GSKR
11-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Wow,I forgot about the moose line.

Britsdaddy
11-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Wow,I forgot about the moose line.

Haven't quite forgotten it, but I loved the way it made my old RSX look. Pretty easy to work with as well.

blkSRT
11-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Definitely something wrong with yours. I have some at least that old and it doesn't separate anywhere near as quick.

Mike Phillips
11-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Time for out with the old and in with the new.

:)

A2D Signature
11-21-2015, 10:39 PM
Time for out with the old and in with the new.

:)

Hahah! Give me a good suggestion of a high quality glaze. I'm putting an order in this evening.

craigdt
11-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Aah, Vanilla Moose, EX-P and Natty's Blue. Those were the days :D
Poorboys has a couple of very popular glazes- I'd look into those.

AnthonyGXP
11-22-2015, 12:25 AM
Hahah! Give me a good suggestion of a high quality glaze. I'm putting an order in this evening.

Poorboy's Black Hole, CG EZ Creme Glaze, or Prima Amigo.

SameGuy
11-22-2015, 01:43 AM
I'm sure I have a sealed bottle of Meg's Mirror Glaze #7 somewhere here. Would M305 be a modern candidate for older SS paints?

Paul A.
11-22-2015, 09:55 AM
I had the exact same experience and trashed my RMG. Frequenting another forum some years ago that stuff was the craze for a while so of course i HAD to have it. I had about 2/3 of a bottle left and spent maybe 2-3 days of off and on shaking the heck out of it only to have it seperate again quickly. Yup...i'm a slow learner. Either that or i really really wanted to try it again (on the wife's car of course) thinking maybe, just maybe, i would be pleasantly surprised and reminded of why i bought it in the first place! I have had that experience with other products in the past.

I think i still remember the sound of it hitting the side of the trash can from across the garage. Happy with the shot but sad to see it go.