jader2012
09-25-2007, 08:23 PM
i am having trouble with a grey color on my motorcycle wheels,
i have tryed every thing to clean them and they just have that dark grey
look.can anybody help.
ps/ aluminun wheels

Tonya
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Do you have a picture? I don't really understand what you are talking about. Unless... when you say wheel, you mean the tire. If that is the case, I would recommend ARO amazing roll off (a cleaner) and a tire dressing.
If that doesn't help we might need more information.

Gary Sword
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
First determine if the aluminum has been clear coated. Put some polish on a rag and rub a wheel. If the rag turns black they are NOT clear coated. From you description of it sounds like they are not clear coated but I would want to be sure. If not cleared coated P21s Polishing Soap works well and so does Mothers Aluminum Polish. I have seen people use a Mothers Power Ball on Motorcycle wheels with very good results. It also looks like it would be a real time saver. If the wheels are cleared coated I usually use Klasse AIO or DP Wheel Glaze.

jader2012
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
no i mean the rim is dark grey in color and not normal silver aluminum color

Jimmie
09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
First determine if the aluminum has been clear coated. Put some polish on a rag and rub a wheel. If the rag turns black they are NOT clear coated. From you description of it sounds like they are not clear coated but I would want to be sure. If not cleared coated P21s Polishing Soap works well and so does Mothers Aluminum Polish. I have seen people use a Mothers Power Ball on Motorcycle wheels with very good results. It also looks like it would be a real time saver. If the wheels are cleared coated I usually use Klasse AIO or DP Wheel Glaze.
:iagree: with Gary. Sounds like oxidation.

toyoman
10-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I've used the Mothers aluminum polish with the powerball with great results on my Ultra Classic.

Russecu
10-02-2007, 12:57 PM
What Gary and everyone else said. Now after you have them all polished get you some P21S wheel cleaner or S100 (since it is made for motorcycle) to clean them with. These will be safe for what sounds like your uncoated aluminum wheels. Most other cleaners will be too harsh and etch or haze your wheels. Good luck

Ridebyshootings
10-06-2007, 04:52 AM
What type of bike is this? Stock rims or aftermarket ones? Andrew

Ivan Rajic
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Please don't use tire dressing on tires... please!