PDA

View Full Version : Attention Mobile Detailers!!!

EWtheDETAILER
11-21-2015, 02:55 PM
For all of the guys who detail on the go and battle the weather day in and day out... What's the coldest temperature you will detail in? Have you found any products, primarily wax, sealants, or exterior products that are effected by the cold? I have a 32ft RV scheduled to detail tomorrow and we have a nasty cold front coming through southern Indiana. The high tomorrow is 39 degrees. My crew and myself are up for battling the weather, but I don't want to put myself in a lose lose situation! Let me know your thoughts Autogeeks!

GSKR
11-21-2015, 04:13 PM
It can be done is this a one day deal is it painted or gelcoat fiberglass.

EWtheDETAILER
11-21-2015, 08:20 PM
It's gel coat fiber glass... Would be a one day deal

GSKR
11-21-2015, 08:41 PM
At 39 degrees it can be done,I'm looking at the daylight factor here.If it needs to be cut and polished I would use wax and hustle like crazy.some of those rv won't accept wax,it dulls it back out a little bit.when I do them and there faded and I know it won't accept a wax ,I will just compound and polish it.some of them you can't finish them down with a da,it will turn back dull again cause of the heat from polishing,a lot of variables when it comes to polishing these finishes very finicky.what is your method gonna be as far as rejuvenating the finish is it dull and faded.IF you are using 105 it will be virtually impossible .

Calendyr
11-23-2015, 01:06 AM
I am about to close shop for the winter. When temperatures are typically under 10 celcius, I find it too cold to detail. At this time of year is someone calls me and they don't have a garage I tell them I can't help them. Also the weather is pretty bad most of the time so working in the rain and in the dark is not something I am interested in.

As far as products go, I did not take the time to check on that but I am pretty sure many products loose effectiveness when temperatures drop.

EWtheDETAILER
11-23-2015, 12:02 PM
I ended up canceling the detail and rescheduling for the spring. The RV owner understood. The high ended up being 35F but only 23F with wind chill.