PDA

View Full Version : What is your response when neighbors ask if you can wash their car?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TacoRun
11-20-2015, 05:50 PM
I wash my vehicle outside in a well populated neighborhood. More often then not, people I know or don't know will give me a friendly "Hey can you wash my car too?" Or "you have time for one more?", or something to that effect.

Last time a neighbor said "Can you do mine next?" my response was "for the right price". She chuckled and went inside. Afterward I was like "crap, I hope she didn't take that wrong" haha. What is your typical response? I need some witty responses, I'm all dried up.

VISITOR
11-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Q: "hey, can you wash my car too?"

R: "sure, i can use the extra money"

i'm sure this will stop them from asking anymore, unless they are interested in the services you have to offer...

TacoRun
11-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Haha. I don't mind them asking, I'm just out of things to say. But I like that one.

bwatereagleman
11-20-2015, 06:01 PM
I would say "Absolutely!" Whether you are a professional or a weekend hobbyist earning some extra money on the side, gaining potential customers is the name of the game. Letting as many people know you are in business doing this line of work is how you can open the door for a conversation about the service you can offer them.

I know that this isn't a funny one liner, but maybe a less intrusive way for your neighbors to know who you are and what you are doing.

TacoRun
11-20-2015, 06:07 PM
I would say "Absolutely!" Whether you are a professional or a weekend hobbyist earning some extra money on the side, gaining potential customers is the name of the game. Letting as many people know you are in business doing this line of work is how you can open the door for a conversation about the service you can offer them.

I know that this isn't a funny one liner, but maybe a less intrusive way for your neighbors to know who you are and what you are doing.

Very nice. Just like the Jokers dad said "If you are good at something, never do it for free."

StangFan25
11-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Usually when a neighbor asks me, they are just having fun and not serious and I'll laugh and say sure bring it over. If they are serious, I'd absolutely do it. And I'd do it for a decent price. If 1 neighbor tells a neighbor, that neighbor tells a neighbor...you get the idea.

TacoRun
11-20-2015, 06:11 PM
I never take these neighbors seriously, but maybe I should.

GSKR
11-20-2015, 06:38 PM
I wash my vehicle outside in a well populated neighborhood. More often then not, people I know or don't know will give me a friendly "Hey can you wash my car too?" Or "you have time for one more?", or something to that effect.

Last time a neighbor said "Can you do mine next?" my response was "for the right price". She chuckled and went inside. Afterward I was like "crap, I hope she didn't take that wrong" haha. What is your typical response? I need some witty responses, I'm all dried up.I would of said the same thing,nothing wrong what you said your just implying to her that your time is valuable.

DasBurninator
11-20-2015, 06:48 PM
http://ohtoptens.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Grumpy-Cat-NO-1.jpg

But seriously I usually just reply with "Sure, but it will cost you" And then they usually leave me alone.

Ricorocks
11-20-2015, 07:15 PM
StangFan25 - My exact reply & should they bring it bye, I'd do it! I think I'd use CG's Citrus Wash & Gloss, give em a little wow!

Eldorado2k
11-20-2015, 08:11 PM
I have 1 neighbor from across the street who's car I wash frequently. I wish more of them would ask, it'd make for easy money without having to travel or search for customers.

JSFM35x
11-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Depends on the neighbor and my mood.

I have wash neighbors cars no charge.

Had a contractor working on block with Amg 55 Gwagon stop and offer me 75 bucks for a detail. I said I would not touch that thing for less than 1200 bucks and that just for the outside. It was a black swirled up mess and he was a moron.

FUNX650
11-20-2015, 09:21 PM
My neighbors don't ask me questions
like that. They know that once I start:
I'm pretty fortunate if I'm even able to
finish-up washing my own vehicles.

Best Regards,

"Old & Worn-out Bob"

vobro
11-20-2015, 09:49 PM
My garage faces south and has full sun, I just wash the cars in the garage with the doors raised about 6" for drainage. The added benefit is I have a know it all neighbor that would bug the hell out of me, you know the kind " clear coat isn't meant to be waxed", "I use dish soap" " I just use the blue shop towels to dry". He did ask once if I had a carpet machine cause his elderly dad "had an accident" in the backseat, I politely said no. I love to help people when I can but when they come off like that I won't, if I sense they have a passion I'll help out

Coopers ST
11-20-2015, 11:11 PM
I have a regular job, but detail on the side. My neighbors know I do, and know what I charge. One time a neighbor asked, and my response was sure, I have an opening tomorrow, he never asked again