PDA

View Full Version : Christmas comes early! New RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 and 15 Polishers

Pages : [1] 2

Mike Phillips
11-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Christmas comes early! New RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 and 15 Polishers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/96811-christmas-comes-early-new-rupes-mark-ii-bigfoot-21-15-polishers.html)

While at SEMA RUPES gave me one each of the brand new BigFoot 21 and BigFoot 15 Mark II Orbital Polishers. Had to ship them back in the Autogeek crate from SEMA.

They arrived yesterday safe and sound!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=102024

I have a very cool project coming up in California next week that I'm saving for these two bad boys...

:D

axel06
11-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Cant wait to try them in class, saweeeet

Quiksilver5882
11-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Mike, has the backing plate been changed for the Mark II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mp0wer
11-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Is that a RPM chart on the top?

Dylan@RUPES
11-20-2015, 12:58 PM

Yes. The new backing plate maintains the same incredible amount of lateral grip to keep the pads seated under the stress of the larger orbit, but the shear strength is much different. So removing pads is actually quite easy now, reducing the damage to the loop material and the potential for ripped pads. :xyxthumbs:

Is that a RPM chart on the top?

Indeed it is. :dblthumb2:

Bill1234
11-20-2015, 01:05 PM
Maybe in the future I will get one but I will stick with the meguiars g110v2 I have. There are so many long throw DA polishers on the market its hard to pick. So far though, rupes seems like the brand to get if you want to shell out the cash for one.

Mike Phillips
11-20-2015, 01:33 PM

The backing plates have changed as they've been improved. I know there's been changes to the Velcro to make removal of the pads easier, (attachment or shear strength), while retaining side to side grip or lateral strength.

The above is from memory from what Todd Helme told me when we buffed out the 1951 Mercury using the new Mark II polishers a few weeks ago, this thread,

Buffing curved panels with NEW RUPES Mark II BigFoot 21 & 15 Polishers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/96143-buffing-curved-panels-new-rupes-mark-ii-bigfoot-21-15-polishers.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=101155

:)

Garagehack
11-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Mike, where will you be in California? I would like to come by and say hello if it is something open to the public. I have a first gen 21 and would like to see the second gen machine in action.

Quiksilver5882
11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Thanks Dylan and Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spinz
11-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Hi Mike, :)

Would your new book "Mike Phillips’ How to Use The RUPES Bigfoot Paint Polishing System" walk through about the New RUPES Mark II BigFoots?

Mike Phillips
11-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi Mike, :)

Would your new book "Mike Phillips’ How to Use The RUPES Bigfoot Paint Polishing System" walk through about the New RUPES Mark II BigFoots?

Yes!

Of course they are included in the new how-to book. I have a great relationship with everyone at RUPES and they were very accommodating with supplying me with technical information for the how-to book.

If you've read any of my other how-to books or any of my articles I've shared on the Internet since 1994 then you know my writing style and I know you'll love the new book.

I also have a brand new boat detailing book and show case RUPES tools in it.

:dblthumb2:

LimitlessDetail
11-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Yes. The new backing plate maintains the same incredible amount of lateral grip to keep the pads seated under the stress of the larger orbit, but the shear strength is much different. So removing pads is actually quite easy now, reducing the damage to the loop material and the potential for ripped pads. :xyxthumbs:

Indeed it is. :dblthumb2:

Any idea of when the 240v version will be in production dylan?

spinz
11-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Any idea of when the 240v version will be in production dylan?

Yes i would like to know when will the 240v version be in production too!

spinz
11-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Yes!

Of course they are included in the new how-to book. I have a great relationship with everyone at RUPES and they were very accommodating with supplying me with technical information for the how-to book.

If you've read any of my other how-to books or any of my articles I've shared on the Internet since 1994 then you know my writing style and I know you'll love the new book.

I also have a brand new boat detailing book and show case RUPES tools in it.

:dblthumb2:

Mike, i purchased and read every of your how-to books and definitely love your writing style! Hope there is more to come!

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
11-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Mike, i purchased and read every of your how-to books and definitely love your writing style! Hope there is more to come!

Thank you and "yes" there's more to come.

:)