PDA

View Full Version : ::IronX/TarX:: Chicken Or The Egg ?

tarbaush
11-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Hey Autogeekers,

Just wondering if it matters (chemically or logically) which comes first, CarPro IronX or TarX ?

CarPro IronX Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-iron-x-cleaner.html)
CarPro TarX CarPro Tar X Tar & Adhesive Remover (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-tar-x-600ml.html)

Thanks All.

SYMAWD
11-20-2015, 07:48 AM
Considering Trix exists, I'd say no.

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Despite SYMAWD's point, if I was using them separately, I'd use the Tar-X first.

ssmith96
11-20-2015, 08:42 AM
I use Trix.

Mike Phillips
11-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Remove tar first so it won't contaminate any toweling you use in follow-up steps.

Tar is sticky and once it gets onto things like microfiber towels or any type of wash mitt not only is it difficult to remove but now you risk cross-contamination to other areas of the car.

Always start by removing tar, asphalt or any other sticky substance off the exterior before follow-up steps.

Good question...

:)

tarbaush
11-20-2015, 12:16 PM
Remove tar first so it won't contaminate any toweling you use in follow-up steps.

Tar is sticky and once it gets onto things like microfiber towels or any type of wash mitt not only is it difficult to remove but now you risk cross-contamination to other areas of the car.

Always start by removing tar, asphalt or any other sticky substance off the exterior before follow-up steps.

Good question...

:)

Thanks Mike,
Makes sense, and falls under the logic aspect. That's what I needed.

:dblthumb2:

shagnat
11-21-2015, 09:42 AM
As always, Mike makes sense. Regarding Iron-X, I hope you have a "scented" variety of it. I was watching a video of someone apply Iron-X and said as well as it works, it smelled like a Rhino's behind. Now, whether he has ever smelled a Rhino's butt or not is beyond me, but, the "regular" version of Iron-X is beyond horrible. Rhino's butt or no Rhino's butt.... just sayin'