PDA

View Full Version : Collinite Nation

Elwood Blues
11-19-2015, 08:34 PM
What type of pad do you use to apply The 915? Wash, clay, ?, The 915. ? On this step,what do I do! Thanks for the help.

jshaf
11-19-2015, 09:20 PM
just got some 915 but not going to waste it til I get correction done in the spring. I like to do my final coat of LSP by hand, so kind of curious myself!

mwoolfso
11-20-2015, 12:37 AM
Red, blue or gold wax or finessing pad will work just fine. Use a butter knife to pull some wax and butter the pad lightly.

If you do this by hand then a damp gold/yellow applicator pad will work. I tend to use the Polishing pal with a 3" red pad. I've even used my fingers to apply the wax. :-)

davidc
11-20-2015, 07:51 AM
First is to determine the finish presently on the vehicle and what you want on the final finish at the end. I have used Buff and Shine Blue, Black and Red with Collinite. If I was going to clay I would polish before the 915 with a IPA wipe down after the polish as 845, 476, 885 or 915 has absolutely no cleaners. I used the blue pad with 885 on the gel-coat RV as it would give a little cleaning, keep in mind that this is on a 32' RV and not required to have a show room finish. I have heard the stories of 915 being quite hard to remove but my experience so far is the better the prep (such as polishing) the easier the 915 will buff off. If you clay and polish I would recommend either a Red or Black B & S for any of the Collinite's, if not a test spot with a Blue pad and see if that meets your satisfaction.

Dave

Elwood Blues
11-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the information. I'm not at that stage of the game to use a DA polisher. After clay, can I apply the 915? Those gold/yelow pads are those foam pads? I plan on applying 915 by hand.

davidc
11-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the information. I'm not at that stage of the game to use a DA polisher. After clay, can I apply the 915? Those gold/yelow pads are those foam pads? I plan on applying 915 by hand.

Some experience marring from the clay procedure and use a rotary/DA to polish. If I were doing the 915 I would wash then apply 915 by hand and skip the clay until you get more experienced with the tools and yes the yellow pads for applying.

Dave

Klasse Act
11-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I always apply my LSP's by hand so I use a generic applicator, sometimes foam and sometimes cotton/mf.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk