PDA

View Full Version : Dust flying on clean pads

asalesagent912
11-18-2015, 02:56 PM
So after i use my pads i hose them off, sometimes spray pad cleaner on them and or put in a bucket with pad rejuvenator. Let them soak for a long time and them hose them off and squeeze them dry. when i go back to use them another day dust fly's all over.
Does anybody have a better way. thanks

Legacykid
11-18-2015, 03:12 PM
could always pat them out real good

What I do is after i use i rinse it out, with a brush. Then spin dry, place infront of small fan. If im going to reuse on same job.

When im done with it, I rinse it out then right to the washing machine with an extra rinse.

ski2
11-18-2015, 03:28 PM
You can't just hose them off after soaking in cleaner. You need to work the product out of the pores of the pad with your thumbs until water runs clear coming out to the pad. I soak them in a bucket with Dawn until I'm done polishing then spray with Awesome Orange Degreaser from the $ store, work out the polish, then rinse until clear and have never had a dusting issue.

AutowerxDetailing
11-18-2015, 03:38 PM
Once they are clean and dry put them on a free spinning DA (like a PC or GG) and spin them with compressed air. That will blast all the dust out of the pad so doesn't dust everywhere on car the next time you use it.

asalesagent912
11-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Once they are clean and dry put them on a free spinning DA (like a PC or GG) and spin them with compressed air. That will blast all the dust out of the pad so doesn't dust everywhere on car the next time you use it.
ok thanks ill try that.