PDA

View Full Version : Weathertec Cleaning

Ricorocks
11-18-2015, 01:22 PM
Just hosed my mats down & scrubbed with CG's Mat Renew. Allowed to try, then used Perl 4:1 applied by applicator sponge, they look better than, when I first got them.

I did see the Weatertec cleaner protector, thought it was a bit pricy.

trashmanssd
11-18-2015, 02:41 PM
My best results so far have been meguiars non acidic wheel cleaner then meguiars quick interior cleaner to sorta dress them but very dry and non slippery. I get a lot bearing grease and used 15W/40 oil on mine so they can look real bad before I clean them.

Real Riders
11-18-2015, 03:07 PM
I use Meguiars D114 as Waterless Wash 128:1

kevincwelch
11-18-2015, 03:36 PM
My weathertech mats are black and cleaned up very nicely with both Tuf Shine tire cleaner and Meguiar's APC. But, they have sort of lost that deep back look.

I hesitate to use something like PERL or Hyperdressing because I don't want them to be slick -- don't want the feet to slip.

Any ideas for enriching the color?

jcaustin87
11-18-2015, 06:22 PM
I use WT cleaner and protector spray.

jarred767
11-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Meguiars non-acid All wheel and Tire cleaner works great on them, especially if they're really dirty. I use it on just about all rubber or plastic floor mats and it works great!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-18-2015, 08:24 PM
I use a non acid wheel and tire cleaner as well and dress with PERL at 1:4 as well. I like to so mats first so they have time to dry by the time they go back in.

Ricorocks
11-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Just drove around on my Perl-ed Weathertech, not slippery at all, also it was not allot of Perl, then wiped with MF. Slick is not an issue.

If it had been a closer reach, I might have tried a little M40.

Main point IMO, is a special cleaner/protectant, Weathertec spray(s), seems like a one trick pony (only for weatertech mats), when so many other items, use the same material. Or will one vinyl cleaner work on two different vinyl items?

Jarred767 +1 - the specialized product from the mat co is not necessary.