PDA

View Full Version : anybody use surf city garage products

Pages : [1] 2 3

Stegs
11-18-2015, 11:53 AM
just curious if anybody is using them or has used them

My local napa carries them now, stuff looks nice, but there is alot more to wax/soaps than a fancy label and a good smell

Let me know what you tried and how you liked it

WRAPT C5Z06
11-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Their consumer line and professional line get the job done for the most part.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-18-2015, 11:59 AM
Heard decent stuff about them. I'm more then sure for the money you can get cheaper online tho

dlc95
11-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes. Specifically Beyond Clay polish, Nano Seal sealant, and Barrier Reef Carnauba Paste Wax.

They work, and are very easy to use.

Beyond Clay is a capable product, excellent for one step polishing, the best part is there is little to no dusting, and a little goes a long, long way. It had no problem removing 2000 grit sanding marks on an orange ccs pad, and a Craftsman 5" variable speed sander.

Nano Seal is another product that goes a long way. With typical longevity, seems to both brad, and sheet very well.

Barrier Reef is a high quality carnauba wax. Reminds me of Mother's in application. Very easy application and removal.

I would absolutely keep these in stock.

Stegs
11-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Yes. Specifically Beyond Clay polish, Nano Seal sealant, and Barrier Reef Carnauba Paste Wax.

Beyond Clay is a capable product, excellent for one step polishing, the best part is there is little to no dusting, and a little goes a long, long way. It had no problem removing 2000 grit sanding marks on an orange ccs pad, and a Craftsman 5" variable speed sander.

Nano Seal is another product that goes a long way. With typical longevity, seems to both brad, and sheet very well.

Barrier Reef is a high quality carnauba wax. Reminds me of Mother's in application. Very easy application and removal.

good response......Next time im at napa i will give them a better looking at. Thank you

WRAPT C5Z06
11-18-2015, 12:14 PM

5" DA is what you're saying?

dlc95
11-18-2015, 12:44 PM
5" DA is what you're saying?

Technically, yes. It has a really low swing, and vibrates like crazy.

Eldorado2k
11-18-2015, 01:03 PM
I recently bought their Nano Drying Towel online. I haven't used it yet, but from the looks of it I was expecting alot more. It's a very thin waffle weave, seems very delicate.. But I can't really knock it till I try it.

FUNX650
11-18-2015, 01:14 PM
•Try some of their wheel cleaner:
Code Red; cherry flavored.

-Then...just watch and see if its ingredients, that
includes sodium thioglycolate, apes the mannerisms
of some of the more well-known "color-changers".

Bob

Stegs
11-18-2015, 01:16 PM
I was curious on the washes and waxes. I dont need any now, but i will use up alot of supplies over the winter, so i thought about buying some.....

I dont know the prices yet....so i will see how much they cost first

Joe@NextLevelDetail
11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
I was curious on the washes and waxes. I dont need any now, but i will use up alot of supplies over the winter, so i thought about buying some.....

I dont know the prices yet....so i will see how much they cost first

Usually stores like Napa marks them up a few dollars, (rightfully so everyone has to make a buck to live)

Check online first to see, to save some money. But if you ever get in a spot its nice to know you can go locally and pick some quality products up.

My cousin likes barrier reef wax. And he's not really a detail guy and he even says Its easy to use

ryandamartini
11-18-2015, 01:47 PM
I use their spray on tire dressing beyond black. I enjoy the dark sheen it gives and ease of application.

Got it at WalMart when I was in a pinch and I've kept using the spray bottle.

AG actually used to carry their products. For their price and availability, definitely a decent brand.

Kamakaz1961
11-18-2015, 02:15 PM
I have heard good things about them from a local detail shop. I have not used any of their products, however, it appears they would be a good choice. IMO I think AGO should test their products out to see if it meets their standards and then sell them to us AGO Geeks.

Junebug
11-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Local WalMart use to have the full line, now it's only a few items. I liked the tire shine.

DasBurninator
11-18-2015, 02:41 PM
Last I heard they started watering down their pro line products...