PDA

View Full Version : Insulator Wax

Excessive Detail
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
So I figured I give my car a coat or two of the collinite insulator wax I picked a few days ago from AZ, first of all a was very impressed with how easy this stuff was to work with even after not listening to anyone about using a thin coat. Does have strong chemical smell, but when all was said and done, again I was very impressd with the look and feel of the paint.

I put two coats over what I had already had put on a few weeks ago which was DG TTP X1, topped with Klasse SG x1, and finally topped with Pinnacle Soveran x1. I was wondering if the collinite was gonna even stick to all that other stuff I put on before, still I figured it was better than nothing. What do you guyz think about that setup, do you think the collinite will hold?

trhland
09-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I Was Thinking Of Trying That Before The Winter Hits Glad You Like It Cant Wait To Try It

Z06-Goose
09-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I've just tried the other Collinite (476S) and contrary to what people have said, it removed easier than I was expecting. I thought for sure it was going to be hard to remove. I had XMT 360 under it, so that may have helped, but at the same time, I've had used Victoria Concours Wax and no matter what I have under it, still pretty hard to remove if not done within <2 minutes or so

All in all, I was impressed with the 476S; I'm looking forward to buy and use the 845 Insulator Wax next
Thanks for sharing the review!

supercharged
09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
So I figured I give my car a coat or two of the collinite insulator wax I picked a few days ago from AZ, first of all a was very impressed with how easy this stuff was to work with even after not listening to anyone about using a thin coat. Does have strong chemical smell, but when all was said and done, again I was very impressd with the look and feel of the paint.

I put two coats over what I had already had put on a few weeks ago which was DG TTP X1, topped with Klasse SG x1, and finally topped with Pinnacle Soveran x1. I was wondering if the collinite was gonna even stick to all that other stuff I put on before, still I figured it was better than nothing. What do you guyz think about that setup, do you think the collinite will hold?
if you think Collinite has a strong chemical smell, wait 'till you try Clearkote moose wax...smell worse then kerosene...one of the worsed smelling waxes...

noname5
09-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I agree, its a pretty nice wax! Only downside is that at least on MY car (Scion tC), it seems to definitely "mute" the flake. I suppose that it is an acceptable trade-off if you need the durability, but I do like my flake in the Florida summer! :D

Regardless, its an excellent wax I never hesitate to recommend, especially to "beginners."

thanh523
09-25-2007, 09:30 PM
My friend gave me some of this stuff.... and I gotta tell you this stuff is awesome. Its so easy to work with. Even in direct sunlight this stuff is easy to work with. I have a scion xb and the metal flake still pops with this. Maybe its cause its a dark color.

xdavieexx
09-26-2007, 02:03 AM
This was my first time using this wax, and it was impressive.
Here is the collinite over 5 coats of Klasses SG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/Crazydavid99/Door4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/Crazydavid99/Door2.jpg

And finally topped off with 3 layers of P2S1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/Crazydavid99/final1.jpg

TOGWT
09-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Harsh winter – Klasse All In One (AIO) Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG) x 2, Collinite # 845 Liquid Insulator Wax or # 476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax x 2

supercharged
09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Harsh winter – Klasse All In One (AIO) Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG) x 2, Collinite # 845 Liquid Insulator Wax or # 476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax x 2
:whs:

SVTContour
09-26-2007, 09:19 AM

How about PB PwS x1, Collinite #845 x2 spread one month apart,

Maintained by washing with DP 4-in-1, and for added protection after washing using Mothers FX or Reflections spray wax? :D

supercharged
09-26-2007, 08:16 PM
How about PB PwS x1, Collinite #845 x2 spread one month apart,

Maintained by washing with DP 4-in-1, and for added protection after washing using Mothers FX or Reflections spray wax? :D
PwS is not a durable sealant, it's more of AIO sealant/light swirl remover...That's why I prefer a durable sealant (Klasse SG, Duragloss #105) topped with a durable wax (Collinite 476S, 845, Megs #16)...

SVTContour
09-27-2007, 09:10 AM
PwS is not a durable sealant, it's more of AIO sealant/light swirl remover...That's why I prefer a durable sealant (Klasse SG, Duragloss #105) topped with a durable wax (Collinite 476S, 845, Megs #16)...

While not as durable as KSG, PwS is no slouch either. I guess only time will tell.

I live in Michigan and I do know that last October I did Mothers FX Synwax topped with Mothers Reflections Top Coat that got me through the winter. I did use Reflections Spray Wax after every wash and I'm positive that helped out tremendously. I feel that proper use of a quality spray wax can help longevity of just about any product.

To make a long story short, I am very confident in the protection that my vehicle will have this fall/winter with my detailing regimen.