PDA

View Full Version : 07 350Z interval for cleaning the conv top

gebster
09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
I have a brand new 07 350Z, about 3 months old. Does anybody know the interval for cleaning and protecting the convertible top. The instruction manual does not really say I have ordered the raggtopp vinyl/fabric cleaner and the vinyl protector. How often to use these cleaners and should i use a soft brush and can I use the cleaner without using the protectant. Will that make the top looking dull and faded?

gohandbz8
09-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't know too much about the care for the top, but if I were to guess, I would say 4 times a year. Ok the reason I posted is that I want to see pics of your new car.

beabout
09-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I have a brand new 07 350Z, about 3 months old. Does anybody know the interval for cleaning and protecting the convertible top. The instruction manual does not really say I have ordered the raggtopp vinyl/fabric cleaner and the vinyl protector. How often to use these cleaners and should i use a soft brush and can I use the cleaner without using the protectant. Will that make the top looking dull and faded?

Is it vinyl or fabric is the question. Cloth needs to be attend too more often than vinyl as the fabric will collect more road dirt and that is not good for the top. I use RaggTopp stuff on mine. Oh, and try not to always store it with top up...

scottgt
09-25-2007, 03:14 PM
303 also has some wonderful cleaning solutions for tops

ScottB
09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Ragtopp recommends 2 times a year minimum. I have seen cars needing only one, but 2 seems safe to me.

makdaddy626
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Ragtopp recommends 2 times a year minimum. I have seen cars needing only one, but 2 seems safe to me.

Since the OP is new to AOG I feel like he should know (and has no way of knowing it if someone doesn't tell him) Killr has never given me bad advice!

I don't own a convertable and can't offer real advice but if I bought one tomorrow, I'd listen to killr when I wanted to know how to take care of it...

and several others on this board as well.

TOGWT
09-26-2007, 03:09 AM
See - Roadster Fabric Top Detailing - Detail University - Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.detailuniversity.com/forums/school-exterior-detailing/1694-roadster-fabric-top-detailing.html)