PDA

View Full Version : Book Download

Ricorocks
11-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Saw at the store a DL Mikes book, was available for iTunes, tried to see the sample & i did not meet the requirements:

From store:

Ricorocks
11-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Does this work on a PC with iTunes or, not. The two pictures do not agree, regarding requirements.

Mike Phillips
11-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Does this work on a PC with iTunes or, not.

The iBook page states the iBook will function on a PC or Personal Computer if you have iTunes loaded onto your computer.

Here's what it states on the bottom of the ibook page on the Autogeek.com store here (http://www.autogeek.net/ibook.html). It's in red colored text on the store page.

Requirements: This book is available for download on your iPad with iBooks or on your computer with iTunes. This book can only be viewed using iBooks 3.0 or later on an iPad. iOS 5.1 or later is required.

There is an ebook, (not ibook, the e and the i have specific meanings), available.

The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/complete-guide-to-shine-e-book.html) - EBOOK DOWNLOAD

Does that help?

And for those with an ipad here's the link to the ibook version.

The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/ibook.html)- iBook version

:)

Ricorocks
11-16-2015, 03:38 PM
From here:

Mike Phillips’ The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine iBook - Download (http://www.autogeek.net/ibook.html)

it says:

Requirements: This book is available for download on your iPad with iBooks or on your computer with iTunes. This book can only be viewed using iBooks 3.0 or later on an iPad. iOS 5.1 or later is required.

But where you get it from:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/complete-guide-to-show-car/id690199819?ls=1

says:

Requirements: To view this book, you must have an iPad with iBooks 2 or later and iOS 5 or later, or an iPhone with iOS 8.4 or later, or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or later.

Auto Geek Says view with: iTunes Okay

Requirements from where the download occurs, omits "iTunes", one is incorrect, either it works or does not work with iTunes.

Also at the download page you can "click" sample. This brings up cannot display, as the requirements are not met. Even though I have the latest iTunes

Ricorocks
11-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Clicking this button from your store, takes you to the dl page, which DOES NOT INCLUDE iTunes.

See requirements "QUOTED" post #4

Mike Phillips
11-16-2015, 04:24 PM
I'll send the link to this thread to Yancy, this is more his area of expertise than mine.

:)

Yancy
11-18-2015, 12:47 PM
Ok the "iBook" version of Mikes book will only work on a iPod, iPad, iPhone or any mac running iBooks. You can download it through iTunes on either windows or mac but can only be viewed on the devices that I stated.

I just did a test and all is working, even the sample downloaded. I am running the latest BETA on my mac and windows 10 on Windows.

Ricorocks
11-18-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks Yancy: The wording is deceptive:

This states DL ok with iTunes, but not playable with iTunes. The wording your store should be changed, so as to be clearer.

Mike Phillips
11-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks Yancy: The wording is deceptive:

This states DL ok with iTunes, but not playable with iTunes. The wording your store should be changed, so as to be clearer.

As a "word guy" I appreciate the issue with the wording you're pointing out.

I'd also note the current wording is not meant to be deceptive on purpose, it's just wordsmithing can be a tick on the complex side for some types of copy.

I'll see if we can tweak the wording to make it more precise.

Thank you...

:dblthumb2: :dblthumb2: :dblthumb2:

Ricorocks
11-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Hi Mike,

I agree a purposeful attempt to be deceptive was, very unlikely the goal, in writing. This was confusing as it involved: me (not sure), you (not sure), sought advice, then, Yancy was not sure, until testing. Which verified my minimal test results.

Sometimes labels are written in this manor, where very close reading, brings about an entirely, different meaning, than when first read.

I can recall, watching a video "stressing" rub in one direction only, then barely mentioning "clean" (which "clean" is quite subjective), dumbfounded, by two different interpretations of "clean", one may think, well one, or two, or possibly three, when the true, meaning is might be 20 or 25.

Scratch your head instructions are common, from food recipes, to almost anything with a label on it.

So this place is really "cool" in that, folks can come forward with, a sheepish grin, & I thought that, "may be two or three" & learn it's actually 25.

What's very comforting is, I'm sure had I purchased your book & then not be able to play it PBMG, would make it right. And for extra credit, your willing to, make the words more understandable.

A+ organization & customer friendly, no wonder you guys are successful!!!