PDA

View Full Version : Best car glass cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

terranoboy
11-15-2015, 03:50 AM
Hey everyone, i have never really cleaned my cars windows with a proper glass cleaner and that is my next goal. So my question is, which is the best ammonia free glass cleaner out there for cars? The products iv'e been looking at are the Armor All glass cleaner and the Meguiars perfect clarity and the Rain X. The problem is i have read very mixed reviews on all three of these products and would like to know your views on these products and i would also like to know what you use. Last thing, are the armor all glass wipes any good? Thanks all! :)

Eldorado2k
11-15-2015, 04:09 AM
To be honest, if I were you I'd try the Armor All glass cleaner out of those 3 choices. Reason being is I've heard surprisingly great reviews of it from reliable sources who know what they're talking about. [i.e. Darren from Auto Fetish]
Plus it can be easily found at just about any auto parts store etc.

I've used Rain X before, and for me it turned out to be a regretful purchase. Left a nasty haze on the glass and worst of all I hadn't noticed it was only for use on exterior glass only. Maybe they make different varieties, but that bottle is in the garage somewhere. It outta be in the trash. Lol.

I personally use Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate which works better than any glass cleaner I've used before it. However you may not be ready to invest in a concentrate that'll yield 11 gallons of glass cleaner. Even though it can be had for less than $20, for most people that's just way overkill. Lol.

1 small tip: invest in a good sized decent quality waffle weave microfiber towel to use only for your glass cleaning. I have a 24x46" towel that can be flipped many times to a clean side. 1 for cleaning, 1 for drying. You'll clean your glass like never before:)

DogRescuer
11-15-2015, 05:15 AM
I agree the megs glass cleaner is great also denatured alcohol, but more important as stated are CLEAN glass towels.

Bunky
11-15-2015, 06:03 AM
I like Sprayway but use Meg's since I have so much. As said, the key to clean glass is 2 clean mf towels. I find the no nap (like found on edgeless types) or waffle weave work best for me.

Ebg18t
11-15-2015, 06:37 AM
Stoners Invisible Glass has always been my fall back product. Tried a lot of options, but Stoners just works.

Stoner Invisible Glass Pump Spray: Non-aerosol formula cleans automotive glass to crystal clarity! clean glass, windshield cleaner, window cleaner, (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaner.html)

DogRescuer
11-15-2015, 06:46 AM
Stoners Invisible Glass has always been my fall back product. Tried a lot of options, but Stoners just works.

Stoner Invisible Glass Pump Spray: Non-aerosol formula cleans automotive glass to crystal clarity! clean glass, windshield cleaner, window cleaner, (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaner.html)

I agree

silverfox
11-15-2015, 07:11 AM
Stoners. Available everywhere.

jwgreen6
11-15-2015, 07:32 AM
I like to use Optimum No Rinse and Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/no-rinse-wash.html). If I don't have ONR, I like Stoner's Invisible Glass aerosol (http://www.autogeek.net/stoninglas.html) as I find the application works better for me than the spray bottle.

Dittos on using a decent MF towel. It also helps to not wear polarizing sunglasses as they hide smearing.

BillE
11-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Stoner's here also.

Meguiar's Perfect Clarity is a good choice, but I've found that Stoner's does a better job (for me) on the inside of the windshield.

As for AA...does a GREAT job on my eye glasses, but have never been happy using it on auto glass.

Just my 2¢...

Bill

cyounow
11-15-2015, 09:03 AM
I used to own a mirror company and the cleaner we used used was 50% Isopropol alcohol and 50& water. Wipe dry with a clean towel. If your windshield seems to have embedded dirt you can try using a Mr. Clean sponge and follow with a glass polish and finish with a glass sealant. That should keep clean for a while.

Sicoupe
11-15-2015, 09:16 AM
I agree with stoner's.

GSKR
11-15-2015, 10:11 AM
To be honest, if I were you I'd try the Armor All glass cleaner out of those 3 choices. Reason being is I've heard surprisingly great reviews of it from reliable sources who know what they're talking about. [i.e. Darren from Auto Fetish]
Plus it can be easily found at just about any auto parts store etc.

I've used Rain X before, and for me it turned out to be a regretful purchase. Left a nasty haze on the glass and worst of all I hadn't noticed it was only for use on exterior glass only. Maybe they make different varieties, but that bottle is in the garage somewhere. It outta be in the trash. Lol.

I personally use Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate which works better than any glass cleaner I've used before it. However you may not be ready to invest in a concentrate that'll yield 11 gallons of glass cleaner. Even though it can be had for less than $20, for most people that's just way overkill. Lol.

1 small tip: invest in a good sized decent quality waffle weave microfiber towel to use only for your glass cleaning. I have a 24x46" towel that can be flipped many times to a clean side. 1 for cleaning, 1 for drying. You'll clean your glass like never before:)
Zentex the boss glass cleaner,the best out there period,I would put it up against any cleaner out there,stoners aerosol is ok the boss is out of the water awesome,a 90 year old can you use it with zero streaks.

GSKR
11-15-2015, 10:20 AM
I agree with stoner's.

Stoners,is one somewhat great glass cleaner,the boss from zentex is great ,you can apply it on a 120 degree hot windshield with zero promblems,another one out there is a glass polish called sparkle,you apply it like a wax then buff it off to a amazing shine and water repellency .There is no product out there that will compete with this stuff simply amazing.

Eldorado2k
11-15-2015, 11:26 AM
As I've transitioned more to waterless washing to maintain my own daily driver, I've always dreaded having to clean the glass as for some reason there seems to be twice as much dirt on just the exterior glass as there is on all the paint.. And no one likes saturating their good towels with dirt.

So lately I've been using Megs D114 @1:128 from a spray bottle in place of D120. And if you go the extra step and follow it up with a light wipedown of D156, now that takes it up a notch and leaves the glass noticeably shinier and smooth just like the paint. I haven't tested it long enough to fully conclude that less dirt/dust sticks to it, but it seems to stay cleaner than usual.

I use D115 for waterless, but use D114 to clean the glass because I don't want my dedicated glass waffle weave full of wax. Only D120 & D114 goes on that towel.

irvsmith
11-15-2015, 11:32 AM
I use Stoners but have a bunch more suggestions thanks to this thread.