PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

The Guz
11-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I am looking to get some feedback on this product. Debating on whether or not to pull the trigger on it. This will be for personal use.

Thanks

CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-leather-coating.html)

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/carpro-cquartz-leather-coating-1.gif

Firehouse Mike
11-14-2015, 06:11 PM
I know Todd at Pure Shine used this very often and loved it. I haven't tried it out yet, but he swore by it.

Mike

conman1395
11-14-2015, 06:41 PM
How long is it supposed to last?

The Guz
11-14-2015, 06:46 PM
How long is it supposed to last?

According to Car Pro's site it is in the range of 1-2 years.

parttimer
11-16-2015, 08:12 AM
I have used it once, still have some left and I am going to do one of my vehicles front seats. Just have decided which. Some have said APC will remove it, which makes me wonder.......

Heisenberg
11-16-2015, 09:30 AM
I just made a post about this and a ton of people said to avoid it - I got it anyway. Application was very easy, I went with 3 coats on a light interior.

I wore some dark jeans this weekend and noticed no dye transfer whereas before I would see just a tinge of blue, so it's working for what I wanted it for. I have been taking pictures for a full review, so I'll post that up at some point.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Its a great product. The key is ensuring seats are free of any cleaners or conditioners before application and applying several light coats, allowing proper cure time before the areas see use. I normally do 3-4 coats on seats that are used daily as well as steering wheel, shift knob, and elbow rests.

You guys need to remember that this is not an end all solution. Your interior sees daily use. Its a sacrificial layer.

4bidden
11-16-2015, 05:02 PM
I used it on the wifes tan Accord leather seats and was not impressed at all. I still have to remove dye transfer pretty regularly. And she splashed some coffee on the seat that also did not come out after a lot of trying.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Nothing will last very long from constant abrasion.