PDA

View Full Version : Spray wax application

AZpolisher15
11-13-2015, 11:51 PM
I always used spray waxes as a wipe on wipe off product. But occasionally someone will say you have to let them haze. I think I remember Mike Philips (or Stoops?) wrote a how-to years ago and also suggested spraying, spreading with a pad, hazing, and then buffing off. But I'm still a wipe on wipe off guy.

Care to share your thoughts on this one? I'd welcome any new info.

AnthonyGXP
11-14-2015, 12:03 AM
All spray waxes I've ever used were just spray on-wipe off type products. If using a liquid or paste type wax or sealant, it's always good to follow manufacturers cure/haze time for each product before removing.

Sicoupe
11-14-2015, 12:14 AM
All spray waxes I've ever used were just spray on-wipe off type products. If using a liquid or paste type wax or sealant, it's always good to follow manufacturers cure/haze time for each product before removing.Agree:xyxthumbs:

SeanChav
11-14-2015, 12:27 AM
Also depends if ur using a synthetic spray wax or carnuba one.... Synthetics are straight spray and massage in til it flashes and clears away.... Carnaubas need a separate towel to buff with

AZpolisher15
11-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Yeah I've tried a lot of waxes- both liquid and paste. Never had a problem. I know everyone's time between app and removal varies slightly depending on different things. But I just wondered if hazing with spray waxes was like an unwritten alternative application method. Just tonight on AG I found a couple posts again from guys that let spray wax haze.

Here's the post I was referring to by Mike Phillips:
The secret to applying Ultimate Quik Wax (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?28577-The-secret-to-applying-Ultimate-Quik-Wax)

As explained, it's not exactly "wipe on wipe off".

The Guz
11-14-2015, 01:36 AM
UQW is spray on, spread out and lightly buff off. No hazing is needed with it.

dcjredline
11-14-2015, 02:34 AM
If I am using a spray wax after a wash and dry then I spray, spread, haze, and then buff. If I am using it as a drying aid then no haze, just spritz and wipe

VISITOR
11-14-2015, 03:50 AM
before the newer technology came along where the majority of spray waxes are spray and wipe, there were some that required you to let them haze. one i can think of specifically was the nxt spray wax from megs years ago...

Klasse Act
11-14-2015, 09:46 AM
I'm all about using spray waxes as a drying aid, this way you don't have to worry about buffing, just simply spray on and wipe off, great time management!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

GSKR
11-14-2015, 09:54 AM
I use a transparent spray wax it's quicker to apply rather than using a product that needs hazing time,the whole point of using a spray wax is to give quick results and minimum effort,if you have time for it to haze ,you mine as well traditionally wax it.

01GreyStangGT
11-14-2015, 10:16 AM
before the newer technology came along where the majority of spray waxes are spray and wipe, there were some that required you to let them haze. one i can think of specifically was the nxt spray wax from megs years ago...

That NXT spray was one of the few Meguiar's products I didn't like.

GSKR
11-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Yeah ,no white stuff spraywax use a clear colored yellow blue red black what ever,the whole point is a quick maintenance booster that should take at least 30 minutes or less.

AZpolisher15
11-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all the responses.